cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Problems with Blanking of the Host Screen During Remote Control (Windows 10)

Hi EF1, do you know if there has been any progress with this?

I had a very unsatisfactory call with tech support yesterday; I was told that our office PC's running windows 10 do not support screen blanking because they are all-in-one units with integrated graphics cards.

I asked if they could point me to their system requirements data sheet that makes this key requirement clear. They could not.

We paid approximately $1,000 for LogmeinPro which we cannot use due to security concerns.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Problems with Blanking of the Host Screen During Remote Control (Windows 10)

No progress that I am aware of or have experienced.  We are investigating other options. 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

This is a joke. Apparently the logmein techs have come up with nonsensical excuses for this bug. I have a desktop with a powerful discrete graphics card and I have had this issue for years. I’ve had the same issue with several computers, both PC and Mac
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Unfortunately,  I don't think enough of us Users have voiced the concern to make it priority, although it can certainly create a liability for users when sensitive information may be exposed - and that, that should be enough.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@EF1  @pki730  @KitLdn  I apologize for the ongoing frustrations.

I looked for any recent cases filed with our Support group that I might follow up with, but could not locate anything related to this thread.  Do any of you have a case number that I may reference for followup?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Case: 09206718 - LogMeIn Inquiry
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@KitLdn  Thanks for the info.  It does look like this is a limitation of very specific hardware, where the display adapter is attached to the mother board.  Unfortunately we have no way to force the blanking feature in this environment.

Highlighted
New Contributor

But screen blanking was working before on these machines. I made this clear to tech support.  And the response was:  'it  shouldn’t have worked' 

If LogMeIn have released updates that are not compatible with all-in-one computers, then this should be made very clear in the minimum system reequipments information so consumers do not end up buying a product that does not have the functionality that it promises.   The features have been misrepresented.