cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Reinstall after formatting PC from thousand miles far

Hi,

here is my issue.

Need to format a PC which is thousand miles far from me, so there will be a Mr. X who will do it, I could not be present physically.

I need to reinstall the Pro version on that machine but I don't want the Mr. X log in to my account adding the computer.

How can I solve this?

Can I send to Mr. X an installation file related to my account and the pro version?

Is better to delete the computer from the account before?

Thank you for any kind reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Reinstall after formatting PC from thousand miles far

Hi and thank you for your question!

If you have a LogMeIn Central subscription you can send a deployment link for remote installation to that host.

If not, the best solution for you in this case would be to use Join.me. Have your associate at the host computer click the orange "Share" button. That will generate a nine digit code for you to enter in the green "Join" field, click the button and in just a moment you'll be viewing that host computer. Have your associate click the mouse icon in the join.me menu at the top of the page and you will now be able to control that host. Now you can reinstall LogMeIn yourself.

I hope this helps!

Kenneth Newton | Senior User Services Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.
www.LogMeIn.com | www.twitter.com/logmeinhelp
p. +1-866-478-1805

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
New Contributor

I would do the re-install with another free account just to get the PC up and running. Then with the "free" account you can download the package and install to your account or use the switch account feature to add it to your account after all is done. The "free" account should not use any of your info as that is a violation of the license I believe but a relative or associate's would be ok.

Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi and thank you for your question!

If you have a LogMeIn Central subscription you can send a deployment link for remote installation to that host.

If not, the best solution for you in this case would be to use Join.me. Have your associate at the host computer click the orange "Share" button. That will generate a nine digit code for you to enter in the green "Join" field, click the button and in just a moment you'll be viewing that host computer. Have your associate click the mouse icon in the join.me menu at the top of the page and you will now be able to control that host. Now you can reinstall LogMeIn yourself.

I hope this helps!

Kenneth Newton | Senior User Services Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.
www.LogMeIn.com | www.twitter.com/logmeinhelp
p. +1-866-478-1805

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you, I will do it with join.me, which is Logmein product, so with confidence.