cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Remote printer does not show up on remote PCs

we have the issue where one day  the remote printer is availaable next day (been almost a week now) its not.  it has happened before (also after numerous updates from big bill gates). if i recall i had to delete the user / remote machine and recreate, then get lmi to swithch the subscriiption to the new (same machine) remote.    long drawn out process.  but i am also having issues over a wireless network printing, again i think due i think to massive recent updates from uncle bill (if he was really my uncle would have disowned him long ago despite the money).

point being remote printer was working not its not.

we are currently using print to local pdf & email file to remote site for printing..... as you can imagine very pleased with this  temp fix.....

Highlighted
Contributor

One thing to try if the printer is not connecting...

1. When connected to remote host, up in the black bar on the top of the remote window
  2. Click on "customize toolbar"
  3. Click on "Connect Printer"
  4. The printer icon should show up in the top of the black bar
  5. If the icon is greyed with no hourglass - Reinstall LMI on the host computer
  6. If the icon is greyed with an hourglass - Switch to full screen
  7. If the icon is lit with no hourglass - The printer has been connected (click on the icon to make sure the right printer is checked)
  8. If the icon is lit with an hourglass - go here (http://help.logmein.com/SelfServiceKnowledgeRenderer?type=FAQ&id=kA030000000DGBACA4&search=1&kw=java)

If all else fails, please call in to the support line.

Byron Daniel | Customer Support Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.
www.LogMeIn.com | www.twitter.com/logmeinhelp
p. +1-800-993-1790
Highlighted
New Contributor

Both the full screen and the Java method work for me.  Finally!

Thanks.

Aaron

Highlighted
New Contributor

You mentioned this is a top priority but this thread is over a year old.  I have a client experiencing this same issue with the latest version of LMI and the issue persists.

Has a actual and final solution been reached yet?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Use a different web browser.
In my experience logmein is terrible with chrome. Try firefox
Highlighted
New Contributor

Dear Sir

thank you very much for posting this answer.

very helpful

pijm

Highlighted
New Contributor

This is July 2012 and I have the same problem today with an HP printer.  It doesn't show up at all as a printer option.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I just installed Logmein Pro and I don't even have a connect printer icon in my ribbon?  Can anyone help?

Thank you

Highlighted
New Contributor

• When connected to remote host, up in the black bar on the top of the remote window
  • If black bar is not visible, move mouse cursor to top of screen, around center and click once (there will be a thin grey bar at the edge of screen)
  • Black bar is not the connection bar on the remote, its the slightly wider one on the local sreen
  • Click on "customize toolbar"
  • Click on "Connect Printer"
  • The printer icon should show up in the top of the black bar
  • If the icon is greyed with no hourglass - Reinstall LMI on the host computer
  • If the icon is greyed with an hourglass - Switch to full screen
  • If the icon is lit with no hourglass - The printer has been connected (click on the icon to make sure the right printer is checked)
  • If the icon is lit with an hourglass - go here (http://help.logmein.com/SelfServiceKnowledgeRenderer?type=FAQ&id=kA030000000DGBACA4&search=1&kw=java)
Highlighted
Active Contributor

We are experiencing the same problem, in that it can take 10 or 15 mins for the printer to connect.

This is working from a Windows 8 machine to a Windows 7 remote machine and an HP travel printer.

Thanks in advance for any updates on this problem.