cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Sluggish connection

I've enjoyed using the Pro version on both my office and home systems for the past two years... until this latest version.  The screen update "speed" makes this once powerful utility almost useless for any practical application.  I updated to the current version feeling there would be improvements (security and/or operational enhancements), but was much better off with the prior, solid, speedy version of the application.

PLEASE... FIX THIS ISSUE!!!  (or post instructions on downgrading to the prior version).

If this is the new "norm" or "standard", I will have to reluctantly seek a replacement for my remote control application.

Thank you!

New Contributor

Re: Sluggish connection - downgrade possible?

Spent over an hour with tech support this afternoon.  Friendly, but not able to see the "slow" issues my guys were complaining about.  He also said it will not be possible to downgrade and go back to the older version of logmein. 

He also said that the new version should be working faster than the old.  I don't think it is, and my people know it isn't.  

A suggestion was made that in the "advanced" options there is an option to display the graphics through java or flash rather than the default applet.  This will degrade the graphics quality but may improve stability.  We haven't tried this yet.

2 of my guys were told independently by logmein that they are aware of the speed issues and a fix is being worked on.   The person I was speaking to wouldn't acknowledge that there was a speed issue/resolution in the works. 

New Contributor

Add me to that list. Some machines arent so affected, while others are awful. Slow re-draw times, etc.
New Contributor

I feel they haven't tested this new release enough...  This kind of slowness would have been picked up by any beta tester and could have been fixed before mass release!
New Contributor

We're experiencing significant lag times on our remote network since the latest version of LogMeIn was installed.

Our CSR's work on a remote network via RDC but when our sales support staff logs on to the network via LogMeIn our network slows down to a crawl. 

To test the problem I logged out all LogMeIn users from the remote network and the speed improved significantly.

I logged back on via LogMeIn and tested the upload and download speeds which were:

Download:  3548 and Upload: 137

Logged off of LMI and logged on via Remote Desktop Connection and the speeds were:

Download:  4382 and Upload: 335 upload

A significant difference [and that's just one computer].

We didn't encounter this problem with the previous version of LMI.

Active Contributor

I'm somewhat astounded at the lack of response from Logmein on this issue, it's too bad because they had a solid product until this release. Does anyone know of a similar product besides teamviewer?
New Contributor

It seems to me that their entire system (Website, logmein Free, forum, everything) is too slow to be useful today.  It is a pity and a pita as the service is typically top notch. But today it is hell.....
New Contributor

If you read my previous post, you'll see that I spent over an hour with Logmein's technical support who said 1) can't see the slow speed issue and 2) the software isn't responsible for the extreme lag.

All things being considered, I politely disagreed.  Well, the final nail in the coffin was to install and test run the competitors product, gotomypc.  

This may come as no surprise to any of you, but all 4 of my people could then get back on their computers, type away and work without any lag or problems - just like they could before the logmein update.  There were no changes to my network or computers, just installed gotomypc and chose not to run logmein.

I am not bad-mouthing logmein.  I did prefer it and switched originally because I thought some of the features were really good and the price was about 1/3 of what gotomypc charges.  That having been said, losing 4 x 4 people for 2 days of productivity plus tying me up and logmein's technical support saying it isn't their software causing the problem really got to me. 

Clearly my problem has now been solved.  If logmein steps up, admits to the problem and solves it or rolls back to the previous version, they have a chance of keeping me and my 6 user plan.   That chance is diminishing daily.

Incidentally, gotomypc.com does offer a free trial of its software. 

Maybe this post will help others and spur rapid development on logmein's part. 

New Contributor

Well, actually, that is what we did too when my boss couldnt get work done due to the horrible performance. We tried every option to get the software to run faster, but no dice. He is back using gotomypc until this problem is resolved.

New Contributor

Nice to know that others are experiencing the same problem.

We changed all of our computers to Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection and the speed has improved significantly.

It's a shame that LMI support isn't responding to this post.