cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Unstable When Using Putty / Xming

I use the Xming X-server and Putty to access Linux computers from my Win7 desktop. I can open X-Windows applications using X11 Forwarding enabled in Putty. This all works fine when I'm sitting at the Win7 computer. However, it becomes unstable when I access the same Win7 computer remotely from home using LogMeIn Pro. When I try to start an X-Window application, the X-Window application does not display, and sometimes the LogMeIn connection is terminated. Twice now it has caused my home computer (running the viewer in Firefox with Windows XP) to crash with the blue screen. However, the host computer (Win7) does not crash.  Anyone else have a similar experience? Hopefully, the LogMeIn developers will look into this and make it more stable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Unstable When Using Putty / Xming

This problem seems to with the Xming X-server and not with LogMeIn. When I switched to another X-server (specifically WinaXe), the problem went away. I'm still using puTTY, but now with WinaXe. I think the problem is solved.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Unstable When Using Putty / Xming

This problem seems to with the Xming X-server and not with LogMeIn. When I switched to another X-server (specifically WinaXe), the problem went away. I'm still using puTTY, but now with WinaXe. I think the problem is solved.

View solution in original post