cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

What Do I Do If I Forget My Log-on Password on My Computer?

Question: I have a Dell Insporon with Windows 7. I recently changed my password a week ago, and then hadn't used it in till now. I have no hint. At one time it said: Reset password. Then, I clicked on it, and it said I needed a Floppy disk, which I do not have. How could I reset Windows password on my own?

Only when had you typed a wrong computer login password, the "Reset password" link would appear. So my suggestion is to try to log on to your computer again. Type your password again on the logon screen. Please make sure that you are using the right password to get into the correct account while the Caps Lock is off.

As for the Reset password link, you can click it to regain access to your computer when you forget its logon password. Of course, the presupposition is that you have created a password reset disk with floppy disk or USB disk through the built-in tools of Windows 7 in advance. Go to Start button, Control Panel, Family Safety and User Accounts, User Accounts in order. Next click Create a password reset disk on the left pane on the coming User Accounts window. Please note this operation is only available before your password is forgotten.

When you forgot computer logon password, type a wrong password to bring up the Reset "password link". Insert the created password reset disk in computer and click on the link to bring up the Reset password wizard to change the forgotten computer password to a new one.

If you still fail to log on after a second try, in another word, if you forget the Windows 7 computer password, it's highly suggested to use a Windows 7 password reset tool to reset the lost Windows 7 password to blank. After that, you'll be log on to the Windows 7 computer without password. This is the best solution to getting you out of the problem. Of course, reinstalling Windows is also an effective option as long as you don't mind losing the important file on computer.

Among the Windows password reset applications, I like Windows Password Unlocker best simply because it allows you to instantly and safely reset Windows password in minutes. No any data loss or damage during or after Windows password reset. And this program supports all popular Windows platforms including Windows 7.

To reset password with Windows Password Unlocker, at first you need to download and install it in any computer. Then you can create a bootable password reset disk with CD/DVD/USB drive. After this, insert the bootable disk in the computer you want to reset password for and boot the computer from the disk for password reset

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: What Do I Do If I Forget My Log-on Password on My Computer?

Insetad of shelling out $100 dollars you can use this software to reset your password for free open source password reset tool - no point paying for something you can get for free.

Rob - a paying customer - Logmein have a jack under me...if only I were something large and heavy!
ONS Limited - http://www.officenetworksystems.co.uk

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

See a great post? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: What Do I Do If I Forget My Log-on Password on My Computer?

Insetad of shelling out $100 dollars you can use this software to reset your password for free open source password reset tool - no point paying for something you can get for free.

Rob - a paying customer - Logmein have a jack under me...if only I were something large and heavy!
ONS Limited - http://www.officenetworksystems.co.uk

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

See a great post? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post