cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
highheidyin
New Contributor

Where are credentials stored?

I want to view the password on one of the computers I have stored without having to clear it and enter a new password.

Can anyone advise if it is possible to view my stored credentials?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Where are credentials stored?

Hi,

We never keep or store or keep a copy of your passwords. All password information is encrypted to the local device and maintained by you, the end-user. As a LogMeIn Pro customer you do have access to a license of Lastpass Premium as well, which you can use to securely store an manage all of your passwords: http://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/I-have-LogMeIn-Pro-how-do-I-redeem-LastPass-Premium

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Robolovsky
Active Contributor

I would like to know the answer to this also. Back in the day all logmein credentials could be viewed from within Ignition. Now that is no longer possible. Ostensibly this a security measure but surely it would be better to have one master password to reveal all the credentials. It is extremely inconvenient to go to a login and find that for some reason or other the credentials have been wiped and not have any way of retrieving them.

Today I had to log in to a clients machine and it asked for the access code as this particular machine has no password. When I set it up the access code was stored but again for no explicable reason it had been wiped. I then had to go in another way and reset the access code on the remote machine. What we need is a separate password protected storage area for the login credentials.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

We never keep or store or keep a copy of your passwords. All password information is encrypted to the local device and maintained by you, the end-user. As a LogMeIn Pro customer you do have access to a license of Lastpass Premium as well, which you can use to securely store an manage all of your passwords: http://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/I-have-LogMeIn-Pro-how-do-I-redeem-LastPass-Premium

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

Robolovsky
Active Contributor

Well Glenn I can tell you that this was not always the case. In the earlier days of LMI Ignition (now known as LMI Client) it was always possible to view the login credentials from within the programme. I will agree that this was probably not the most secure of arrangements but could easily have been made secure by the addition of a master password. Instead LMI elected to remove this functionality altogether and IMHO it is not good enough to suggest the use of a third party password manager to overcome the issue of lost LMI passwords. The passwords can still be stored in an encrypted manner locally but we just need a way to access them when required. 

shaggynscooby
New Contributor

they are stored in the local browser password settings.