cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
New Contributor

Having trouble with LMI Rescue

Earlier today, LMI Rescue was unbelievably sluggish!  I thought maybe it was the internet connection so I switched to a 4G LTE hotspot and still had the same issue.  The end user has 100Mbps up/down fiber Internet connection at their site.  I tried updating the console and even using the web version - no change.

Later, I was trying to connect with a different client and I was at a yet a different location.  Still, the problem persisted.  My boss has mentioned the same thing has been happening to him recently as well.

So, different computers, different users, different locations.  Have the LMI Rescue servers been having trouble recently or anything?  Major server or server code upgrades?  What gives?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Having trouble with LMI Rescue, had to use TeamViewer

Hi there!

Are you still having issues with this?

This looks like  you may have had a lag issue so we're going to see if we can get the lag issue sorted, can you try some of the below steps and we are going to try and find the root cause of this issue:

If it occurs again, please check the connection at the two locations- where you are and where you are connecting to- it sounds like it's a communications problem. Try doing a traceroute to secure.logmein.com
in a command line or even to www.google.com and seeing if you get any stuck or missed hops anywhere.

Also look at the times, and if you see any times that are 100ms or bigger that
usually indicates a lot of slowness on the line

-for this you want to contact your Internet Service provider and
tell them what you are seeing.

Also check your connection speed on speedtest.net- we recommend a speed of 1.5 to 2.0Mbps

upload and download.

If you aren't seeing anything at that time then we can look into this deeper, but it sounds like this should show where the packet loss or failure that is causing the crash is occurring.

Additional info-
Rescue primarily uses ports 80 and 443 so make sure they are not blocked on your network

The Whitelisting info can be found here, in case it is a security block on your network:
http://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Whitelisting-and-LogMeIn

Please let me know if you have trouble after this and I'll be happy to assist fuurther

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.

Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi there!

This looks like  you may have had a lag issue so we're going to see if we can get the lag issue sorted, can you try some of the below steps and we are going to try and find the root cause of this issue:

If it occurs again, please check the connection at the two locations- where you are and where you are connecting to- it sounds like it's a communications problem. Try doing a traceroute to secure.logmein.com
in a command line or even to www.google.com and seeing if you get any stuck or missed hops anywhere.

Also check your connection speed on speedtest.net- we recommend a speed of 1.5 to 2.0Mbps

upload and download.

If you aren't seeing anything at that time then we can look into this deeper, but it sounds like this should show where the packet loss or failure that is causing the crash is occurring.

Additional info-
Rescue primarily uses ports 80 and 443 so make sure they are not blocked on your network

The Whitelisting info can be found here, in case it is a security block on your network:
http://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Whitelisting-and-LogMeIn

Please let me know if you have trouble after this and I'll be happy to assist fuurther

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.

Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

@Colm_C wrote:

Hi there! prepaidcardstatus

If it occurs again, please check the connection at the two locations- where you are and where you are connecting to- it sounds like it's a communications problem. Try doing a traceroute to

Also check your connection speed on s
upload and download.

Additional info-

ya that work for me too.

thanks for sharing this