cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Rescue Mobile displays white screen when remoting on to a newer samsung device

@AshC How do you enable Android's default screen capture technology (vs Samsung)?  I have not heard of this option before.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Rescue Mobile displays white screen when remoting on to a newer samsung device

I can confirm that this is indeed a wide spread issue on newer Samsung devices. I have an open ticket with LogMeIn that has not been addressed for over a month. This looks like a colaboration issue on Samsung and LogMein or there is a new security setting in the API with newer Android10 devices. If anyone finds a work around please post. Otherwise, we will be looking at different management software.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

They provided us a "fixed" APK file which we sideloaded and installed on a new device. Still had the same issue, and the prompt to allow streaming of the screen image does not appear like it should prior to remote control.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hey everyone, I wanted to circle back on this problem ---- 

I'm assuming the updated APK file @mistertibbs is referencing came straight from support, and I can confirm we are actively testing the functionality.  If you'd like to test the same APK yourself, please click my Community name in order to confirm your email address in a private message. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
New Contributor

@AshC, just sent you an IM

Highlighted
Active Contributor

We tried the APK from support on a new device. It worked!  

We added our MDM software (Airwatch/Workspace ONE) with the kiosk mode Launcher. Rescue DID work! 

So this is great progress! Hopefully the app will be released to the Play Store soon.

-MT

Highlighted
New Contributor

@mistertibbs, looks like they figured it out. I tested the APK and it also worked for me. I'm sure they will be rolling it out to Alpha soon and have it up on the Google Playstore.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Is there an estimated date when we might see the new APK in the Play Store?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

No idea, they have not provided that information to me.

Hopefully they will reply here with that info...

-MrT

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Smiley Very Happy

Good news!  Looks like they have fixed it and released it to the Play Store.  I tested it and it works on the Tab S5e and the user is prompted to allow screencasting.

Our Engineering Team has released a fix for the issue you have been experiencing. The updated App version is 7.13.2-72.  

View solution in original post