cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raujero
Visitor

Can't see menus or control computer on a mac

Hi, New to this forum so apologies for any mistakes.  I am connecting to a Mac that I have connected to multiple times in the past. Now, I can only see menus but not windows. I only see the LogMeIn screen that says I have to allow access via the accessibility options.  When I have the remote client allow access, still no good. Then I had them change the Screen Recording, Accessibility and Full Disk Access (found in Review System Access) and still no change. Any help would be appreciated. Their OS is Catalina 10.15

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Megan_Lawrie
New Contributor

Re: Can't see menus or control computer on a mac

I managed to get into my Display setting on my Mac System Preferences and changed my resolution back to "Default" and it appears to be working correctly! I forgot I had changed the settings two days ago. So does that make it an ID10T issue?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
edhatke
New Contributor

Did you ever get a solution for this? I'm having the same problem

Grant3
New Contributor

Hi, did you solve this issue, I am also having the same proble: I have logged into a remote computer (iMac) and can control the mouse and see the wallpaper of the remote computer. However, I cannot see any of the windows that are open on the computer.

edhatke
New Contributor

Hi Grant,

I called the tech support number and they walked me through the solution. They did it so quickly that unfortunately I can't remember the steps myself. The wait time to reach tech support was minimal and I think it probably took less than 10 minutes for them to resolve it. Hope that helps!

Grant3
New Contributor

Thank you, I'll try the same.

Best wishes

Grant

Megan_Lawrie
New Contributor

Grant were you able to get this fixed? I'm having the same issue with my mac mini after having no problems for the past three weeks all of a sudden yesterday I started getting white boxes. I can see a border of my desktop with a big white box in the middle. Can't see any of the menus. Drove down to the office with my laptop and of course it works fine but as soon as I get back home it's back to the white boxes. Restarted my home network and no luck. I should add that I can connect to a pc running Windows 10 with no problem. So frustrating! 

Megan_Lawrie
New Contributor

I managed to get into my Display setting on my Mac System Preferences and changed my resolution back to "Default" and it appears to be working correctly! I forgot I had changed the settings two days ago. So does that make it an ID10T issue?

Grant3
New Contributor

Megan, I didnt, unfortunately I have been tied up with work, the Logmein project was to help my father whilst in lockdown. Sadly I didnt get around to discussing with the service desk before the trial of the product expired. Very disappointed it just didnt work straight out of the box - I dont mind obsecure software bugs, but this was off the shelf installation and it just didn't work. Glad you managed to resolve your problem (an area I did look at between the 2 Mac's I was trying to hook up).

Best wishes

Grant

JJM3
New Contributor

We've had this same issue on all our Mac clients for the past couple weeks, is help desk action required?  We've been able to remove and reinstall LogMeIn client and this fixed some, but not all.

Thanks

Jeff

JJM3
New Contributor

Also this topic should not be labeled as SOLVED