@JJM3 This issue was supposed to be fixed in an update, but if you are seeing the behavior currently, can you tell us if the desktop items etc. are immediately missing upon remote connection?
If so, can you please confirm the affected OS and LMI version installed?
Hello @AshC yes immediately upon connecting, you basically see the user's wallpaper and the menu across the top. You can click on the menu but there is no drop-down (although the user DOES see the drop down). Most of our users are on Catalina, and I'm not sure of the LMI version, but we install it directly from the website so it should be current.
I did get a fix action from the help desk, but after running it, it still requires remote access to configure some of the security settings. Fix action below, with my personal notes in all caps.
· Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
· Click on Security & Privacy.
· Click the Privacy button at the top right end.
· Click the padlock icon in the lower left corner. Enter your password when prompted.
· Click on "Accessibility" from the scrolling list on the left-hand side.
· Insert a checkmark next to LogMeIn Client (it apparently might also be named LMIGUIAgent) and anything else that says LogMeIn or LMI.
OPEN LOGMEIN CONTROL PANEL AND CLICK THE POWER BUTTON TO START THE SECURITY SETUP PROCESS
Also on the left side, choose "Screen recording" SOME INSTALLS HAVE SCREEN RECORDING IN THE LIST, SOME DO NOT
· Select "Bash" if it shows on the list
· Make sure if there are any LMI elements here, have them checked as well.
@JJM3 Thanks, let us know how it goes.
Having the same issue with no resolve from logmein Support in sight. I have called multiple times this week and all their fixes have been temporary at best. The issue persists after a couple of hours and you log back in. Just to note team viewer does not have any of these issues.