cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Can't see menus or control computer on a mac

@JJM3  This issue was supposed to be fixed in an update, but if you are seeing the behavior currently, can you tell us if the desktop items etc. are immediately missing upon remote connection?  

If so, can you please confirm the affected OS and LMI version installed? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
JJM3
New Contributor

Hello @AshC  yes immediately upon connecting, you basically see the user's wallpaper and the menu across the top.  You can click on the menu but there is no drop-down (although the user DOES see the drop down).  Most of our users are on Catalina, and I'm not sure of the LMI version, but we install it directly from the website so it should be current.

I did get a fix action from the help desk, but after running it, it still requires remote access to configure some of the security settings.  Fix action below, with my personal notes in all caps.

1. Please open the terminal app on you host computer and paste the below command:  THEY SAID TO RUN THIS COMMAND 3 TIMES
    • tccutil reset All com.logmein.logmeinserver ; tccutil reset All com.logmein.logmeinguiagent
  2. After this completes , quit LogMeIn completely and re-open--it., then reboot your computer. This will prompt for all the required permissions again.

·         Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences.

·         Click on Security & Privacy.

·         Click the Privacy button at the top right end.

·         Click the padlock icon in the lower left corner. Enter your password when prompted.

·         Click on "Accessibility" from the scrolling list on the left-hand side.

·          Insert a checkmark next to LogMeIn Client (it apparently might also be named LMIGUIAgent) and anything else that says LogMeIn or LMI.

OPEN LOGMEIN CONTROL PANEL AND CLICK THE POWER BUTTON TO START THE SECURITY SETUP PROCESS   

Also on the left side, choose "Screen recording" SOME INSTALLS HAVE SCREEN RECORDING IN THE LIST, SOME DO NOT

·         Select "Bash" if it shows on the list

·         Make sure if there are any LMI elements here, have them checked as well.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@JJM3  Thanks, let us know how it goes. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
1ConcernedUser
Active Contributor

Having the same issue with no resolve from logmein Support in sight. I have called multiple times this week and all their fixes have been temporary at best. The issue persists after a couple of hours and you log back in. Just to note team viewer does not have any of these issues.