cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Hosts with more than 32 cores

Hosts with more than 32 cores

nowadays common processors have up to 64 cores, and multi-socket machines corresponding numbers. I can see only 32 cores in the CPU load window (having 48 cores on a dual-socket workstation). Does the "sum" button show the load of 32 cores (which ones? the first 32 in the list?), or the load of all 48 cores? I would also be happy about time axes on the four CPU load diagrams which are very useful for me.

3 Comments
ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor
Status changed to: Accepted

Hey @TL7920 ,

• The "sum" is calculated over every logical CPU cores
  • The "X" axis displayes 350 samples, the time difference between each consecutive samples is displayed on the top of the diagrams (2 secs, 10 secs, 5 mins, 1 hour)

Your request is being developed. I'll let you know as soon as it is released. 

TL7920
Active Contributor

Hello,

many thanks for your reply. Please allow me some further suggestions for improvements.

1.) The small "live" CPU load and memory use monitors in the top left corner of the CPU load page and the four larger but static CPU load diagrams have different orientations of the time axes. It would be more convenient if they had the same orientation.

2.) In my personal opinion the default memory load diagram on the memory load page should be the load of the RAM only (corresponds to the memory displayed in the Windows task manager), not the load of the sum of RAM plus virtual memory (or pagefile or ...). Perhaps other users have other needs here. Or perhaps give the user the option to select what memory is displayed here by default (and also in the small live diagram).

Many thanks!

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor

Hey @TL7920 ,

Thank you for these improvement ideas. I'll check this with my team too.  These might be only coming later, but I wanted to address the CPU core display asap since current high tech CPUs (and their cores) were not displayed correctly as you have just pointed it out.