cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cminyard

Google Pixel 5 Remote Control Support

Hello,

I am a long-time user of the LogMeIn Rescue Technician Console specifically for remote controlling Android phones. Very recently my company purchased a few Google Pixel 5 phones, and I have found I cannot remote control them. I can view the screen, and even successfully push the quick links like "Google Play" or "Settings", but the "Click2Fix" screen just doesn't work. On the phone too it asks for "broadcasting" permission when starting the session, which I don't remember any other phone asking for.

I first submitted a support ticket and the support representative said I should post this question here: When will the remote controlling work again? Additionally, will this feature ever be supported? Is there something in Android 11 that is causing issues? We consider the use of the Rescue Technician Console for phones to be a critical part of our IT workflow, and what compatibility it has is of great importance to us and the phones we choose to purchase. A prompt response would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Google Pixel 5 Remote Control Support

Hello @cminyard

Supported mobile devices can be found under Customer Mobile Device System Requirements : https://support.logmeinrescue.com/rescue/help/logmein-rescue-system-requirements-rescue-tc-c-resc-tc...

** Currently Rescue does not officially support Google devices, and we plan to have full support in the future.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Google Pixel 5 Remote Control Support

Hello @cminyard

Supported mobile devices can be found under Customer Mobile Device System Requirements : https://support.logmeinrescue.com/rescue/help/logmein-rescue-system-requirements-rescue-tc-c-resc-tc...

** Currently Rescue does not officially support Google devices, and we plan to have full support in the future.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!