cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElementMT
New Contributor

LAN stuttering issues

So this is an interesting problem I've been having on one of our CNC control systems. It is a Windows10 system. On this particular machine we have 3 LAN ports dedicated to the CNC controls. 2x Intel i210, one for each motion control device and one Intel i219 for the TCP modbus network. The PC is connected to the internet via a wifi connection, which is obviously how I remote into the system with the Rescue app. When the machine is running, without the remote connection active, we are having data flow issues on the i210 NICs. We are getting some severe stuttering motion due to loss of data. However, when a remote connection is made with Rescue (running as a system service), the problem is resolved. So this is not so much of an issue with Rescue, but a why is it solving my problem and how do I get the system to the same state when Rescue is not connected? In short, what does Rescue do to the Windows system when a remote connection is made?

We thought this was an interrupt moderation problem, that has been turned off. Tx and Rx buffers are maxed out on the LAN ports, disabled a bunch of the offloading and flow control. Checked and double, triple checked power settings, everything is set to maximum performance. Nothing should be suspended or shut down to save power. I'm at my wits end with this one and need to find a solution. This is not something I've seen on any of our other systems, I'm not sure what is different. We image all our PCs so they should all be set up the same way.

Any help/thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading thru this and in advance for any advice you might have.

10 REPLIES 10
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: LAN stuttering issues

Hi @ElementMT

That certainly is odd behavior. 

We open a websocket connection over port 443 or port 80 as the fallback.  Do you think there may be a default porting problem within these imaged PCs that gets corrected or improved when Rescue connects? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ElementMT
New Contributor

That's a good question. We haven't been able to find anything, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I'll dig a little deeper into it and see what I see. This isn't my area of expertise, so lots of learning happening at the same time.

ElementMT
New Contributor

Interesting. I did update the NIC driver to try and resolve this issue with no change. The issue I'm seeing completely goes away when the remote connection is made with rescue. Somehow the Logmein software is fixing the problem, just haven't been able to nail down how. I am going to rebuild this system from scratch, not using the image and start totally fresh. We'll see what happens.

jaattvishal

I have the same issue. Any tips for solution?
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@jaattvishal   Do you have a control PC that has never interacted with Rescue, but has the same OS / hardware set up? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ElementMT
New Contributor

No, Rescue is in the image we load them all with. We've built several of these PCs and not seen this issue. I don't believe Rescue is creating the problem. I did uninstall it, and tried tests with screen connect and the results are the same. The remote connection "cures" the problem.

I am building a new one that will be a totally clean install, not from the image. Hoping that will work with no issues.

Vickie852
Visitor

According to my observations the stuttering only happens when the LAN network driver is somehow busy, which means preloading the video or downloading a file. As soon as the video is chached/loaded or the file is downloaded, the stuttering disappears.
Roosevelt3
New Contributor

Thank you for the explanation. It is clear for me
James89
New Contributor

Interesting. I did update the NIC driver to try and resolve this issue with no change. The issue I'm seeing completely goes away when the remote connection is made with rescue. Somehow the Logmein software is fixing the problem, just haven't been able to nail down how. I am going to rebuild this system from scratch, not using the image and start totally fresh. We'll see what happens.

Hello,

This works really well for me, thank you! Facing same issue here. Help is appreciated.