Did you mean: 
Quentin_T
New Contributor

Re: Remote control with macOS Big Sur

@AshC  Sorry I said I tried it before and it doesn't work

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Quentin_T  After you installed the beta update linked in this thread, what was your exact experience?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Quentin_T
New Contributor

@AshC  exactly the same. Because I had already tried with this version. When I click on remote control, the software blocks.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Quentin_T  If you're connecting into another Mac, then the Apple security permissions must still be applied there.  We cannot bypass those without the end user's consent.

Quentin_T
New Contributor

@AshC  I know, I have been working with your software for a very long time. I am very familiar with Apple computers as well as permissions to authorized. BUT if the technician's computer is in BigSur, he cannot take control of a remote computer. Even with the permissions, permissions checked etc.

It's very annoying

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Quentin_T   Have you already done a full un-install / re-install of the beta software linked on this thread?

pvuong
New Contributor

Hi,

I could not install the beta link either so I called  support. What did the trick was clicking the screen recording option for LogMeIn in Security and confidentiality. The technicien also click the microphone for LogMeIn apps.

Hopes this helps!

Pascale

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Great, thanks for confirming the fix Pascale!

Aries_LMI
New Contributor

LogMeIn Rescue and MacOS 11.1 Big Sur

A few  basics:

• I'm using a corporate license and have no control over the technician console
  • I can't speak on behalf of the company
  • I've already alerted our IT for investigation on their end
  • I've confirmed the issue on M1 and Intel Mac running the stated OS as well as within Parallels on an Intel Mac
  • Technician console is running in Windows 10

Essentially, once the LMI.app is downloaded and the client attempts to launch it, nothing happens. You get the launch animation and that's it. I've checked in the System Monitor (?) and don't see LMI hiding in the background. I've tried enabling/disabling the OS' firewall as well as adding the applet to the white list. I've tried pre-adding LMI to the appropriate permissions. My instincts point me to the fact that the random PIN prevents LMI from being used from the App store, but that wasn't an issue with Beta nor 11.0.1.

Aries_LMI
New Contributor

Re: LogMeIn Rescue and MacOS 11.1 Big Sur

Just adding that I Did successfully connect to an Intel MacOS 11.1 device today without issue, so now I'm a little confused as to what may be wrong.