cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

What does Unattended Search tab do?

In the technician console you are able to open the unattended computers window. In this window there is the Unattended Search tab. What does this tab do? I don't see it anywhere in the technician console documentation. Does the Connect to input box allow specifying IP? What is being searched, what is being inputted to search, and what is the format?

6 REPLIES 6
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: What does Unattended Search tab do?

Hi @0000000000 Good to see you. 

This article may help with your some of your questions. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
New Contributor

Thank you for this information. Why would I use this tab over the the filter search in Unattended Accessible? The latter allows me to see all the computers and filter in real time? Does the filter search actually slow down when the computer count is very high?

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@0000000000 these are some good questions. I'm checking to see if I can get some answers for you with the team. In the meantime, you may want to check out the free training video

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
New Contributor

Thank you for the training video. But I see when the instructor opened the Unattended Access window that there is no Unattended Search tab so there was no explanation on it.

jozsef_sarosi
GoTo Contributor

Since Unattended MSI can be also used to deploy UA to machines, the number of UAs started to grow to 10,000-s  and even to 100,000-s. The first, quick fix by the developers for this problems was to add a new panel that can be used to do the mass search of the  MSI-installed devices. The original panel was intended to be kept for the devices deployed by rescue sessions. As backward compatibility.
As your question shows those two panels with the same functionality are a bit disturbing. The developers are still working on a solution that both in Admin Center, and the Technician Console will unify the handling of UA device. Due to the code freeze at the end of the year the release had been postponed to early 2024.

New Contributor

What you say makes it sound like the Unattended Accessible tab (not Unattended Search tab) currently only shows unattended computers created/set up via LogMeIn rescue sessions and not also unattended installations created via the MSI installer. Is this assertion correct?

For anybody else looking at this thread and thinking that the previous response in thread looks like they suggest that the Unattended Search tab only searches installations created via the MSI installer I have found in my testing that the Unattended Search tab does indeed search for unattended computers created/set up via LogMeIn rescue sessions, but I wasn't able to confirm MSI installations as it's not set up for my organization yet and I have no access to do so.