cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EKKG
Active Contributor

Rescue Assist Reporting and Recordings

I do a lot of remotes.

At the end of the week, I will download the report and create my invoices based on the time and dates from the reports. I will also download the sessions to review them to see what I did. In GoToAssist, the recorded session downloads to computer with and the name of the file is the session id. For example 782-876-110.

If the session is a rescueassist that same session id is downloaded with the name video_20200407_172511 which does not correlate at all with the reports. Sometimes they will be in the report but not in the recordings list.

This has been going on for some time now and I have expessed concern about this before. I keep trying to give RescueAssist a chance but I really don't like it. GoToAssist does not work on MacOS Catalina at all.

4 REPLIES 4
EKKG
Active Contributor

Re: Rescue Assist Reporting and Recordings

Another thing, I just downloaded a session from RescueAssist, it's a .mkv file, won't open on my mac, never heard of it.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @EKKG ,

While I do not know of any plans to change the file formatting or title, there are some other options to address your concerns, such as streaming the RA recordings online, and using a third-party media player for .mkv files:  https://help.gotoassist.com/rescueassist/help/working-with-session-recording-rescue-assist-c-ngassis...

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
John4111
Active Contributor

I agree, also I think there should be an option to restrict a user to only view their own sessions report just like recordings.

EKKG
Active Contributor

This is still a problem for me and has not been addressed at all.