cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Question Vault admin change

hi guys,

Question, i have a lastpass teams account. i as admin shared around 80 usernames/passwords with my employees. 

Now i attracted a new company manager and i want to open a central vault so i and my new manager can work both as admin in the same vault to share and manage the usernames and passwords.

What is the best way to do this? 

1: export all information, create new private account, import all stuff. and share this lastpasslogin account to my manager, and change the base email adress of the current management account?

or 

2: export all information to a new vault and import it? and make all share again to all my employees and share the login information to my manager?

What is the best practice?

Regards,

Leon

1 REPLY 1
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Question Vault admin change

Hello,

If you would like both you and your company manager to be admins on the account to manage shared credentials and users, depending on how many users you'd like to manage, LastPass Teams or LastPass Enterprise may be good options for you. 

If you are an existing LastPass Free or Premium user you can log in using your current email address and Master Password, and you can then invite and assign other users and admins to the account without needing to export or import your Vault information. If you'd like to use a totally different email for a LastPass business plan, you can export your information and import the data in to your new account following the steps here

For more information on these two Business plans and to compare their features/pricing, please see https://www.lastpass.com/pricing

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!