cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Quick search shortcut on mac is gone?

I received a new mac book so I installed LastPass v 4.4.0 1053 (previously I had v 4.4.0 623. Now I can see that the quick search short cut (shift + command + L) is gone?

Is it really gone or is there a way to enable it? This is probably one of the most imporatnt features for me and I hope there is a way to enable it.

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Quick search shortcut on mac is gone?

same here
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Are you able to edit the Hotkeys for the LastPass Mac App to set your desired keyboard shortcut for Site Search? This brings up the dialog box showing all of your stored items with a search bar that allows you to easily search through your saved items.

Here's how to edit/set keyboard shortcuts on Mac: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-use-lastpass-hotkeys-on-my-mac

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Rachel

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, it is not the solution to our problem.

In the previous version, the shortcut key shift + command + L was a global shortcut key that called the little dialog window where you could search your vault called "Quick search" without opening the whole app. The window can be called from the menu bar but the global shortcut key can no longer be configured.

Do you know how to reconfigure it?

Thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hey! I discovered something!

The app available on the LastPass site and the app on the AppStore are different! The AppStore is 4.4.0 and the site is 4.58.

The AppStore app does have this functionality, the site does not. I downloaded from the AS again and everything went back to normal.

In addition to the shortcut, the fingerprint authentication, the permanence in the menu bar even with the app closed and the automatic start at session start had been lost.

Please don't make these setbacks.