cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Should I be concerned ?

Well thanks for the reply and my topic still shows solved when actually its not. Interesting that there is not an explanation as to why it continues to switch back and forth.

Can I expect to be contacted via email or a response on this forum, as to my issue ?

Thanks

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I'm also concerned about this issue.  I assume the LastPass extension authenticates with different backend servers and they haven't all been updated.  So depending on which random server you get, you see an old UI or new UI each time.

Why doesn't LastPass announce this change in advance? I also checked the LastPass Blog and it's not mentioned there.  How should users know when it's safe to enter their master password into a new login page?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

This has gotten much worse in recent days. In addition to the two randomized variants of the login overlay described above, I've been getting a random selection from four different login experiences. I never know what I'm going to get the next time I click on the LastPass extension button:

* The original as depicted ealier in this thread.

* The larger one with the newer design depicted earlier in this thread.

* A full screen variant of that new design.

* A full screen variant with a stock photo of a user in front of their computer

In addition to jumping between these flows at random , the new ones all misbehave in a variety of ways, too.  If the full screen mode was picked at random, and it's the only tab I happen to have open? Logging in closes the entire browser. At least one of these results in a glitchy presentation within the Vault right after login, like it's trying to show an overlay that's not quite visible mixed in with the Vault UI.

This isn't just annoying. Every time the login changes, I have reason to believe that I'm being actively phished. This is a company-destroying mistake, and when support says "just clear cookies" I want to scream at that head-in-sand bull**#$@.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

It's not very informative and I don't know if this problem is server-side or specific to the firefox extension.  But I'll be adding https://lastpass.com/releasenotes.php to my list of home pages to keep an eye out for breaking changes from lastpass until we get more information from the company.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I had the same concerns, especially when the new log in dialogue box doesn't work and is inconsistent with changes back and forward (yes, I have read the explanation for that behaviour).

I have been having continuing problems with it not accepting my details.

Will update if this crap behaviour doesn't improve.

Have just logged off and opened up the browser again and got the same crap - asks for me to accept permissions or it won't play and then it won't accept my log in details.

Please fix this issue!

Highlighted
Active Contributor

And someone should remove the "solved" icon on this thread, until it is indeed solved. This only makes matters worse, making it look like someone is hiding something, Please.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Attaching screenshots of at least 3 different versions I get, somewhat randomly.  All of these are the result of clicking the Extension icon in my firefox toolbar.  Timing appears to matter, if I click the icon immediately after starting the browser, I tend to get the web page.  If I wait 20 seconds before I click it, I get one of the two pop-up dialogs.   I believe I have also been directed to full-screen versions of those pop-up dialogs.

login_1.PNGlogin_2.PNGlogin_3.PNG

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello again,

I've checked with our development team for clarification and the new login UI that is currently being rolled out to accounts lets you choose which multi-factor authentication option to login with if you have multiple enabled. Since the roll out of this new login is not yet complete, the system does not know if your account has it enabled yet until you sign-in, then it stores a cookie in the browser so you get it automatically the next time and this is why you may see the two different login UIs. We are hoping to have the changes rolled out to all users within the next couple weeks, so you will only see the new login UI soon.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Active Contributor

It's good to know they're looking into it, but there are four login experiences and no amount of successfully logging in to any one of them results in consistency from that point forward. It's randomly jumping between them with no change to my history or cookies.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Same with me Johnnybf, as to what you have described.  I have tried to duplicate the prompt many times to no avail.