cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redriverd545266
New Contributor

Site won't autofill with credentials from Vault

I have a vendor in my vault. When I click "launch", the vendor's log-in page comes up with the LastPass popup window, all normally, but at the bottom of the window it states "There's nothing in your vault to fill on this site". However, the vendor is in my vault with all of the correct information.

16 REPLIES 16
Bennett
Active Contributor

Re: Won't auto-fill

I have the same problem and use the same workaround.

It began when I changed the password for a site that had been working perfectly for quite some time. Looking at it in the vault shows no obvious errors. When I ask for that site to be launched, nothing happens just like when I get to the site normally.

When I added a site that had never been in LastPass prior to now it set up fine and my userid and password are supplied when I go there.
Bennett
Active Contributor

As stated yesterday, I went to a site that has never been part of LastPass and entered my userid and password. I was immediately asked when that information should be added to LastPass. I clicked on “now”. When I return to that site, LastPass fills in my userid and password. It works perfectly just like all other sites have in the past.

With that in mind, I opened my vault and deleted the site that has been causing the trouble. I was hoping that the next time I visited the site would be treated as if it was also new to LastPass and everything would work normally. It did not. The message asking if the site should be added never appeared. There must be something stored in a cookie that LastPass is accessing. Will deleting one or more of the 12 LastPass cookies fix the problem without getting rid of other information that should be retained?

I am using Google Chrome on an iMac and would greatly appreciate hearing from one of the LastPass technicians.
Bennett
Active Contributor

It turns out that LastPass no longer autofills userids and passwords for secure sites.

LastPass - would it be too much trouble to have a little popup telling users why a secure site isn't working? Thanks for nothing. Sign me off as a FORMER LastPass user
gg571
New Contributor

Same here with macOS Chrome, but with a localhost http site (no https) as well as with external https sites. "Automatically fill login information" is checked, "Respect AutoComplete=off: allow websites to disable Autofill" is unchecked. Please help.
drummond642
New Contributor

To give you a 'Kudo' I was asked to login https://accounts.logme.in -- was FILLED automatically! So why to all the others fail to work?
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello @drummond642,

Could you try the steps outlined in this support article to see if it resolves the issue with Autofill not working on certain sites? Please note that not all sites support LastPass' autofill due to how they are coded/designed: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/lastpass-wont-save-or-autofill-my-data-for-a-site-lp07...

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
drummond642
New Contributor

FYI a simple space in the URL made it fail... 

drummond642
New Contributor

So far nothing there has worked. Lastpass fails to autofill on some HTTPS sites and not others. Have web designers  have found a new way to block Lastpass?   I've spent a lot of time trying to find a setting  that could be causing the problem .   Do Lastpass devs ever see this problem?  If the answer is no, please tell us and we can look at addons or other personal differences...

g_j_s
Active Contributor

Sometimes sites start using a different name or  type of field to ask you for your credentials, which LP does not track. Although I think LP should pick up on ALL fields, it's not always easy to distinguish from a regular form fill or actual credentials input field.

I had it with a vendor, that used to work for a long time, but in the mean time the email login field has changed identity a few times.

You might throw away completely the site in your LP configuration, and have it recognize as new entry.  But that does not always work I found out.

A way around is to see what name is used for the field and add it to your password entry in LP.

Bit technical, but look it up in the page source, or rather use F12/Developer mode [1]
Use the picker [2] (pick an element in FF, first icon) and point it at the field to be filled in [3]
See what the input field is named and record that. You see something like in my example <input id="email_verify" class="inputfield" .. but that may very in your case. Important to look at if there is something like an 'id'.lp_login.png
Next you edit the password entry of the site that should have been filled in.Select the wrench 'Edit Form Fields' option at the bottom.
Add a Form Field entry (with preferred value)  if the field from step 1 is not listed. Check the value if it does:

lp_login2.png

Spoiler
Spoiler
My advice in any case: open a ticket as well.