cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: https://community.logmein.com/t5/Support-Discussions/Vaul...

Yep. And still no real support from LogMeIn / Lastpass... Where is the fix / update?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: https://community.logmein.com/t5/Support-Discussions/Vaul...

Olly99, not only no update/fix but I don't believe I've ever seen a single response from the company. This is not the way to retain customers.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Vault opens when open vcault after login is not ticked

I am experiencing the same problem in Firefox on my MacBook Pro. As a paid subscriber this is very frustrating. I have tried all of the things like clearing cache and uninstalling and reinstalling the extension. As time has gone by, LP has become less stable for me and less consistent across all of my devices. I'm considering canceling my subscription and trying another password manager. Why is LP not listening to these problems and doing something about them?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

And now another week gone but no communication from LastPass any more. It looks like they have given up.

I totally agree that when it was US$12 per year I would manage with the various small issues or annoyances. Now that LastPass is as expensive as other established competitors I am more inclined to switch.

Will look into 1Password (their family plan for 5 family members seems interesting) and Dashlane. Any other suggestions?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Those are the other two I'm familiar with. I've used Dashlane, but not 1Password. If there are other alternatives, I'd like to look at them, too. A "family pack" for a comparable price for what we're paying for LP single-user sounds pretty tempting.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response, and thank you all for your patience while we tested this. Our team has not been able to reproduce this behavior in our testing on various machines and browsers, and we would like more information to pass along to our developers to see if we can resolve this issue.

So that we can gather more information and pass this along to our team, could anyone in this thread who would like to share some screenshots of their settings please click on my username to visit my forum profile and click the "Send a Message" button to send a direct message of the requested screenshots?

We ask that you provide a screenshot of your LastPass Extension Preferences, both the General tab as well as the Advanced tab? This is to show that both the "Show vault after login" and "Open login dialog when browser starts" options are both unchecked, as if either of these options are turned on you will see a tab which asks for your LastPass credentials open when a new browser session is created, which then shows the Vault upon logging in. Secondly, could you provide a screenshot or more details about the security/cookie settings in your browser? If you have your browser set to clear all data on closing or block all cookies, please note that this can also cause your browser to not remember your login preference and cause this same issue as well.

Once we receive screenshots and more information from some users we can share this with our team to investigate and hopefully reproduce the issue so we can get it resolved.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Highlighted
Active Contributor

RachealO,

Your request implies you aren't reading the thing we're ALL taking issue with.

In the previous version of LastPass, you could configure the extension to prompt you to log into your account without it also opening your Vault.

In this new version, when you log into your account your Vault opens, even if you do NOT want that to happen and do NOT have it configured to do so.

I will provide screenshots in a few minutes.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

RachelO,

As you can see from the attached screenshots, I have LastPass configured to prompt me to log into my account, but I do not have it configured to open my Vault when I log into my account.

This is the same combination of settings I have been using for more than a year.

2020-10-23_11-25-08.png2020-10-23_11-25-36.png

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Exact same for me and "cookies always allowed for Lastpass" in my chrome.

LP chrome pic.jpg

But the key point is that I have changed nothing in my set up, it has worked like I want for several years and since the September update it is screwed up. So clearly this update messed it up.

You say your tech has not been able to recreate the issue - well there are quite a few people posting here and I am sure many more who did not bother posting. So issue is real and was created by latest update.

How difficult can it be to go back to changes in latest update and check what could cause this??

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @jc94122 

Thanks for the information and screenshots! I see that the "Open login dialog when browser starts" is selected in your extension preferences from the screenshot--if you deselect this box and save the update then re-launch the browser does the issue still happen? 

We are definitely looking to create a ticket so our development team can investigate and hopefully resolve this, and this additional information would be helpful as well.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!