cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Vault opens when open vcault after login is not ticked

You seem to be stubbornly refusing to see the problem, so let's try this: we want the convenience of being prompted to login when we start the browser, but we DO NOT WANT that process to then go on and open the vault, we just want it to log us in and then go away. We've been happily working this way for years. How do we do that now?

You seem to be saying if either of these options is checked, it will open the vault, which is patently a nonsense design - why have two options saying different things but which do exactly the same? It didn't do this until the last update.
Highlighted
Active Contributor

RachelO,

I just tested it, and without that option set my Vault is not opened when I sign in.

After that test I reset that option and it's opening my Vault when I sign in using the dialog that opens automatically.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Here are my screenshots. When I open Firefox, I get the blank LP screen with no dialog box to log in. I have reset the options in the configuration numerous times and quit and restarted FF with no change. If I have an option set incorrectly, please let me know, but like the rest of the comments here, everything was hunkie dorie until the update back in September.

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 5.01.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 5.00.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-24 at 5.00.17 AM.png

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I am having the same problem.
Windows 10, Chrome Version 86.0.4240.111, LP extention Version 4.59.0
I have tried toggling the options and also uninstalled the extension, and started over.
LP, Please fix and go back to the original funtionality.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @NotSoBigGuy65,

Thanks for your screenshots as well! I see that the "Open login dialog when browser starts" is selected in your extension preferences from the screenshot--if you deselect this box and save the update then re-launch the browser does the issue still happen? 

We will be creating a request for our internal team to review this issue, and your information and screenshots as well as the troubleshooting steps in this thread are super helpful. Once I've created the ticket or have any news to share I will update this thread as well.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Yes, I did that and it still happens.  Also even though I have "Open extension pages (like this one) in new dialog" checked and it works for the Extention preferences for the initial login box, I get a full tab and not the dialog box like I used to.
On behalf of everyone, Thank you for your attention and help
Highlighted
New Contributor

It happens every single time using the logs in using the automatic login when browser starts feature. This case was chrome. I agree with everyone else, this started in September and is a pain. Why have a feature that doesn't work or appears not to be tested?? The majority of the time I do not use the vault as the extension does the job.

Please fix this or you will start to lose premium members, I being one of them.

If a user logs in using the extension button and NOT the automatic login screen it doesn't happen, this is clearly an issue with your software code not the users cache, cookies or whatever else you want to blame. 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hey, let's not get aggressive with threats.

1st - The benefits of LP far exceed this relatively small annoyance

2nd - in the interim, I just disabled promptly for login on start, and manually click on the LP icon so we have a workaround.

3rd  - An LP employee has already chimed in on this thread and said she is opening a ticket on this issue for us.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hi there:

I do not think that we are being aggressive, simply frustrated.

My key point is that LP used to be very good value for money at US$12 per year but now not so special with current prices which are in line with other competitors. I used to be ok with various annoyances because of real good value but now no reason to be.

I was lazy to change to another system but now my motivation is higher if LP is not working exactly like I want it to.

Simply less patient with LP as significantly more expensive than before. Clearly in terms of service, support or functionalities I see nothing new and useful which justifies such a high price increase (in % terms at least).

Highlighted
Active Contributor

"Once I've created the ticket or have any news to share I will update this thread as well."

Come on then RachelO, what's happening?