Forum Discussion

MaVeN
Contributor
6 years ago

Adobe Flash End Of Life - What is the plan?

Hi LMI Team,

Since Adobe is ending support for FLASH and Google is removing Flash from Chrome what is the plan for LMI Central?   Is there any annoucement or information you can provide.  It is becoming a PITA to enable FLASH in Chrome everytime I want to use some of the features in Central.

Thanks.

John

GlennD
    4 years ago

Hi,

We will be updating Central's One2Many functionality to remove the reliance on Adobe Flash to upload task resources and manage credentials. The Flash uploader will be replaced with an HTML based file uploader. The current ETA for this is the first week in December.

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi John,

We do have plans for the EOL of Flash, but I don't have any public documentation on that yet...

milles
      GoTo Contributor

Hi,

Thank you very much for the question. Indeed Flash in One2Many comes with limitations and problems.

We have been working on refreshing One2Many to improve it's usability and scalability and get rid of the Flash based file management as well.

We are expecting the new flashless mode available in beta in Q1 and the general availability in Q2.

Hope this helps, also let us know if you have any further question.

Thanks!

ideleon
        New Contributor

Milles.
        I don't even see the One2Many menu on the left column.

Does my company license not include that or is it just the whole Flash issue?

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi there,

We will be retiring the current One2Many functionality in the near future as a result of Flash EOL.

One2Many Beta will not need Flash for file upload if you'd like to try it out:  beta.logmein.com 

I expect the full release by the end of this year, once final tests have been completed.

randallcorn
      Active Contributor

Well that is not a One2Many beta.  It is a Remote Execution for Powershell command beta.

I have not see a One2Many beta yet.

Updates?

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

Hi,

We will be updating Central's One2Many functionality to remove the reliance on Adobe Flash to upload task resources and manage credentials. The Flash uploader will be replaced with an HTML based file uploader. The current ETA for this is the first week in December.