Forum Discussion

GTM254
Active Contributor
5 months ago

Remote Control Does Not Work in GoTo App?

Hi All, 

We have moved over to the GoTo app since it is replacing the GoToMeeting app. The problem is that when doing support sessions, it appears that the organizer cannot request control. If I download and install the old GoToMeeting app, they are able to request control fine. 

Does remote control not work with the GoTo app? 

I hate the though of having to re-install the old GoToMeeting app for everyone, but without the ability to use remote control, the GoTo app is limited. 

Thanks, 

• Since you were the attendee, it would be the admin on the vendor's account who would need to enable it for them to use in their meeting that you joined. In the case of a single user/license GoToMeeting account, the Organizer is typically also the Admin of the account. 

If you want to user Remote Control in meetings held with your GoToMeeting account, you need to sign into the admin center and enable it. Manage feature settings for a single user 

GTM254
      Active Contributor

So curious as to what you mean "once an admin enables in our account?"

In this case, it was a vendor support rep trying to provide support to me, an attendee.

Would he need it enabled in his GoTo account?

I cannot see how I can enable in my account, because the end user is not logged into GoTo, but just joining a meeting.

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

Since you were the attendee, it would be the admin on the vendor's account who would need to enable it for them to use in their meeting that you joined. In the case of a single user/license GoToMeeting account, the Organizer is typically also the Admin of the account. 

If you want to user Remote Control in meetings held with your GoToMeeting account, you need to sign into the admin center and enable it. Manage feature settings for a single user