Forum Discussion

Bcshay
Active Contributor
11 years ago

Custom Reports

Custom Reporting within Incidents for example doesn't really qualify as Custom Reporting. It's more or less a filter for the queue and a means to perform mass actions on the results. I consider Standard Reports to be more like actual reporting. However Standard Reports are mostly canned and cannot be customized, exported, or scheduled.

It would be nice to pull reports with graphs that are customized and can be emailed/exported in different formats. Also would be nice to report on things like "time taken to resolve", "Time taken to respond", sums, averages, metrics, etc.

Being a service manager the Custom Reports don't help me accomplish metric and KPI reports that can be provided to my direct report. Currently I use Standard Reports, take screens shots, and then patch it all together in a PDF report.
  • I get that one of the selling points of GoToAssist Service Desk is that it is supposed to be customizable, however, having raised several service desk tickets with Citrix and queries on the community to even understand how their Standard Reports are even calculated and having to wait 2weeks+ for a response which was fluffy at best and I already had figured out that much, it makes you wonder whether they even know how the application works in the first place! Why is there no documentation outlining how reports are generated and what fields are used for the calculations? Why is there a button on the service desk that enables you to pause the timer but has no effect on the actual calculations on the reporting? When are you planning on doing something with this?
    The whole point of investing in a product is to make life easier. At the moment it feels like we are making do with something that we are putting all this data into but not necessarily able to make any improvements on service as it is such an effort to track and report. At least not an easy improvement process anyway.
    Reporting functionality is just disappointing.
    Bcshay
    Active Contributor
    Agree. They really didn't put much energy resources into developing Custom Reporting. It sort of is poo when you can't get good information that you put into the database out of it.

Although it's been a decent ride with this SaaS product my next move is going to be to servicenow.com. They're the number one player in the the Service Desk arena. You can report on anything. It follows the ITILv3 framework and is made to be tailored. It's about the same price as GoToAssist but you need to purchase licenses through a service brokerage. Zendesk looks pretty good to. 
    jason1111
    Active Contributor
    Really disappointed by the limitations of the reporting system and can't understand why some key variables are not included for display columns. I can't for example create a simple report that shows all incidents in a month with 'Time Spent' on each incident.

I have to use the 'time' option under the service desk tab which generates a basic report, which doesn't allow you to display incident details such as ID, Title, Date etc.

Also, even when I do check items to be displayed in the report, they don't display.

Very poor reporting sadly.