Forum Discussion

ebak
Active Contributor
8 years ago

Email repsonses are being truncated after smiley :-)

When customers open a case in our G2A servicedesk, we often reply back via email. If we happen to insert a smiley, all text following the smiley is being omitted/purged. This happens when we reply using Outlook in HTML mode, where Outlook converts the smiley into a graphical icon (I type colon dash right paranthese, and Outlook converts it into a smiling face icon). G2A should be able to handle smileys :-)
    GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi ebak,

Thank you for reporting this, I will open a ticket for this issue with our team.

Mark_P
      New Contributor

Hi,

We are designing our service desk so for customers its fully email based. If a customer sends an email in which contains a ":)", any text following the smiley is not logged in the ticket details. The smiley is converted to a graphic automatically in Outlook, which I assume is causing the issue. I can't find a way to easily change this behaviour in Outlook, as it's built into the autocomplete settings. We will have 50 or so staff using the service desk so its also not something we can go to each PC and manually change, and GoToAssist should be able to input the entire email message text whether there is a smiley in it or not. 

I also found an article from mid-2017 detailing the same issue, so its been brought to attention before:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToAssist-Service-Desk/Email-repsonses-are-being-truncated-after-smiley/m-p/182693/thread-id/1551

Can this bug be fixed?

Thanks,

Mark

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

Mark_P  Sorry about that!   We'll ask for an update this week and get back to you next week due to the US holiday upcoming.