Forum Discussion

sutyak
11 months ago

Ctrl+S switches to a Calendar view

Windows Desktop application.

I work with multiple monitors.  Today I tried to save a document in another window and the focus was accidentally still in GoTo.

Ctrl+S took me to an inescapable Calendar window.  I had to kill the process and rejoin the meeting.  It seems they could still hear me, but I couldn't hear anyone else or get back to the participant view.

Is there a shortcut to get back to the meeting?  Is this an undocumented bug?

I tried the Ctrl+Alt shortcuts in the GoTo help, but none of those worked.

GlennD
    11 months ago

Hi sutyak, flyboytyler,

After a lot more testing I was finally able to recreate this issue and I will report it to the team. This only happens whem th GoTo App is in the combined layout (single window) view, if you click on Pop Out and switch to the flexible view this issue does not happen.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi sutyak welcome to the GoTo Community. 

My colleague and I tested on our system and did see that it does open the calendar if you have the GoTo main window app open and in focus. However, if the meeting window is open during a live meeting, it does not displace the meeting. 

When I had the main app in focus, I was able to minimize it with the controls on the top right. 

I would recommend keeping the meeting in focus and/or closing or minimizing the main app while in a meeting if you are juggling multiple screens and monitors. 

• I have hit the exact same issue.  Often someone will share their screen with me and give me control.  If I am in something like Word or Excel on their machine I will hit Ctrl-S to save the document.  I will then swear because GoTo Meeting takes me to a crashed Calendar screen and throws me out of the meeting.  I have to end the process with Task Manager and then relaunch GoTo Meeting and join the meeting.  This is a bug bug bug bug bug.

GlennD
      GoTo Manager

Hi sutyak, flyboytyler,

After a lot more testing I was finally able to recreate this issue and I will report it to the team. This only happens whem th GoTo App is in the combined layout (single window) view, if you click on Pop Out and switch to the flexible view this issue does not happen.