Forum Discussion

ChildrensLeague
5 years ago

Only record the presenter's webcam.

Hi there! 

New user here. In the video recordings, it shows all participants. I'm hoping to "lock" the video recording so that it only shows whoever is speaking. Is there a function in the settings that would enable me to do that? For context we are using gotomeetings (not any of their other platforms).

We have folks in the calls that don't wish to be recorded and I need to know if there is a way to opt them out beyond just telling them to not use their video function. 

Also it's a bit annoying to have one person speaking but seeing multiple faces of non-speaking attendees in the recording. 

• Hi ChildrensLeague 

This is not currently possible, when you record all shared webcams will be captured. 

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi ChildrensLeague 

This is not currently possible, when you record all shared webcams will be captured. 

• This is a great suggestion, and I'd like to be able to spotlight only the presenter and his/her shared screen for recording.  How do I make this a formal suggestion for a change to the product?

KateG
      GoTo Moderator

Hi NavalAssoc welcome to the community! If you want to see the just the presenter in your recording, you should be able to do that by selected "Who's Talking" under Talking on the top of the meeting screen. 

For future reference, you can submit ideas to the GoTo Meeting Community idea board linked here