Forum Discussion

PCCKF
New Contributor
3 years ago

Problem with diacritics (polish lang.)

Hello.

I have a problem with diactrics. When attendees write messages, the text is cut off when they're trying to type polish diactrics. Is there anything I could do with that issue?

• Hi PCCKF ,

I am a product manager for GoTo.

Our chat implementation has been revamped, can you please tell me if you are still encountering problems with the special characters?

I tried it out and it seems to work.

Best regards,

Radu

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

PCCKF  I'm sorry that the software is not currently optimized for all languages.  However, if you have a screen shot of what your talking about, It will help in considering Polish diactrics as a future enhancement.  

PCCKF
      New Contributor

Hello. That's how it looks. To be honest, I'm quite dissapointed, because it used to work fine. Our company has been your loyal client for many years, so it would be really nice if we could continue using it. This problem, however, makes it hard for our clients to like the way the platform works, if they can't ask their question and for us, when we have to always explain to our clients that they shouldn't use polish diactrics. Please think about it, I think that company should constanly work to get better, not worse.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

PCCKF  Thanks for the feedback. I have shared this with the development team. 

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

PCCKF  I'm sorry we may not have a native Polish speaker on our language team.  Can you please elaborate on what you mean by the 'diactrics' problem?  

PCCKF
      New Contributor

In Polish, we have letters like ą, ę, ł, ż etc.. When attendees try to type them, message is cut off.

radui
        GoTo Contributor

Hi PCCKF ,

I am a product manager for GoTo.

Our chat implementation has been revamped, can you please tell me if you are still encountering problems with the special characters?

I tried it out and it seems to work.

Best regards,

Radu