Forum Discussion

ChaimB
3 years ago

Is GoToMyPC working on macOS Monterey?

I have an Intel Mac and was wondering if the software works on the new macOS Monterey yet?
    Toasty66
    Active Contributor

I've run into one issue that I never had before in Big Sur, but now started with Monterey.

I'm remote controlling from a Window 10 PC to my Mac.

At a certain point with remote control, it is as if the "fn" key is being held down, and that, for example, turns the "m" key into something that selects the menu bar.  It makes typing impossible. 

What triggers this is the Terminal app, when prompted for a password when using SSH to a system.  As soon as the password prompt is presented, it is as if the "Fn" key is now held down.  Exiting terminal does not correct it, and the problem continues in other apps.  Using sudo and prompt for password does not seem to trigger this. 

Disconnecting the GotoMyPC session, then reconnecting immediately, fixes the issue until I try the same process again, where when using SSH  prompts for a password. 

I also noticed, once this happens, if I have the Mac on-screen keyboard up, pressing "CTRL" on my windows PC (where I'm controlling from), results in both the CTRL and FN showing as activated. Releasing the CTRL continues to show the FN key as being held down.

I should add, if I'm on the system directly, and not under remote control by GoToMyPC, the same input issue does not occur. It's as if the GoToMyPC remote viewer is making a mess of the keyboard mapping, rather than it being a problem on the Mac itself. 

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

Toasty66  Can you confirm what version of GoToMyPC is installed upon the host Mac? 

Toasty66
        Active Contributor

If I use a Mac to remote control the Monterey machine, the same problem manifests itself, so it is not specific to it being a PC remote controlling the Mac.

I've also noticed that while the screen of the host gets blacked when controlled (security preference), anytime a window is set to full screen (click the green button on the window to expand), or returned from full screen, the window in question is monetarily visible i.e., as it expands to fill the screen, or contracts on exit. Once it finishes the animation, the window disappears.