Forum Discussion

J.1
Contributor
6 months ago

Teams notifications don't appear when using Gotomypc

My users are currently working from home and are reporting that Microsoft Teams notifications don't appear when they are connected via Gotomypc. 'New' Teams (work or school) is running on their host PCs, not their client PCs. If someone sends a Teams message to someone else who has a Gotomypc session going, the Gotomypc session shows the icon changing color in the host machine's taskbar, but nothing else.  If one of these users goes into the office and uses the same machine with no other configuration changes, they get their Teams notifications. The issue only happens when Gotomypc is being used to connect. Do any other Office 365 users have this issue? 

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi J.1,

This might be caused by their Performance setting in the Host software. Can you ask them to move the slider to the right and test again?

Demi9

This occurs with Logmein as well. I think there is a new layer of WDM that is not available via the current methods of screencasting in GoToMyPC and LMI.

J.1
      Contributor

Alas, this didn't work- we tried with two different affected computers.  Thanks anyway.

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

J.1 Thank you for trying that, I will escalate this to the team for review and testing.