Forum Discussion

Bayrun2
11 months ago

2023-11-16 - Spammed by Users of GoToWebinar for Over 2 Years

Hello,   Over 2 years ago I must have signed up for a GoToWebinar.  Since them I continue to receive Spam from users of GoToWebinar.                                                                 ...
    11 months ago

Hi Bayrun2, welcome to the community.

Our support team is correct, these spammers have obtained your email address somehow (there are many ways to do this), and they are using it to registering you for webinars they have created as a way of spamming you through the registration confirmation and reminder emails. I know from looking at the communities of webinar platforms they are also dealing with this kind of abuse.

We have a number of ways that we try to identify these accounts early and terminate them, we also try to prevent them from creating new accounts, but it is difficult. You can use the Report Spam link at the bottom of our emails to report these accounts to us, also if you have a couple of the recent ones please forward them to gotoservice at logmein dot com and we will use them to identify the account and terminate it.