Forum Discussion

Sa123
New Contributor
5 years ago

Powerpoint Presentation Mode during webinar rollout

While the webinar is being held it suddenly changes to the presentaion mode. It means that customers are able to see the notes. This happended several times. Why is this happening. We didn't find a r...
    5 years ago

When I present, I usually share the second display.  That way I know that whatever I put on that screen is what the public sees.  I can quickly switch between PowerPoint, web browser, PDF or anything else.  I can run the webinar (questions, mute, etc) on the main screen.

Some Presenters like to share the single application.  This might be best if the Presenter has only one display on their computer.  This is the norm in some competitive webinar programs, so the Presenter may be used to this.

The trick is when you assign someone else to be the Presenter.  You have to tell them that the little window that pops up asking if they want to share their screen will allow them to choose which display to show.   In my experience, many Presenters choose poorly.

When a Presenter does choose to show their screen and you see the PowerPoint Presenter View rather than the Show view, you have to help them to go into the GoTo Control Panel and change the screen to share.  Sometimes it is easier to just bring the presentation back to myself and then reassign the presentation back to the Presenter, hoping they will choose the other screen the second time.

Also when you see they are showing the Presenter View, there is a button at the very top of the  Presenter View that allows the presenter to "Swap Displays," which should swap what PowerPoint shows between their two displays and show the correct one to the GoTo audience.  I have had issues when Presenters do this, since it apparently can confuse GoTo as to what to show.  One time I did this, we could see the Presenter's GoTo Control Panel.  Best not to use this feature.