Forum Discussion

SCLD
Active Contributor
5 years ago

Webcam positioning for presenters

Is there a better option then having a presenter’s webcam floating around the screen when they are presenting?   I have a presenter in an upcoming webinar who wants to be able to see themselves on ...
    5 years ago

It looks different on the Attendee's computer.  The Attendees see a split screen between the webcam and the shared screen (PowerPoint).  The Attendees can drag a line between the two to make either part of the window larger or smaller.

GoTo is not really set up so the presenter can see their own webcam, but you have found a workaround.

Another workaround that I have used:

I open QuickTime on the presenter's computer and set it to record a movie. That puts the webcam in a window on the computer. I do this on a Mac, I am sure there is a similar program on Windows.

Then I setup my PowerPoint to show in a window, rather than full screen. This is found under Slide Show Setup.

I then arrange the two windows, PowerPoint show and  Quicktime, on my computer's second display.

I then share the computer's second display to the GoTo audience.

Doing it this way, the presenter has compete control over how large to make both the webcam window and the PowerPoint window.  During the presentation, the presenter can change the size of the windows to emphasize one over the other.

In the extra space on the second display that is not the PowerPoint Show window or the Webcam window, you could have the company name or logo, or just a colorful background.