Forum Discussion

diana97311
New Contributor
5 years ago

How to stop System Preferences loads upon startup

Since the upgrade to OS Catalina, whenever I start up my computer, system preferences loads everytime. I also just got a new computer and had to reinstall logmein on the new computer, and once it was isntalled, everytime I turn on the computer system preferences loads. I know it is because of Logmein. How do I stop this from happeneing. I have granted logmein all the premissions.

Roryknepp
    Active Contributor

I have this same problem. I cannot figure out why everyday it opens system preferences on the iMac. 

Roryknepp
    Active Contributor

I may have a solution. quit Logmein control panel. go into system preferences, Security and Privacy. then Accessibility. click the lock to make changes. delete the LMIGUIAgent. then close preferences. now start up Logmein control panel. It will  say that you need to approve access to security and privacy preferences and will help you do it. It will open the system prefences then go to Accessibility and check the LMIGUIAgent which will be back.

diana97311
      New Contributor
      Hi. Thanks for the info. I tried this and it does not work. Bummer.
        Roryknepp
        Active Contributor

I did use Clean my mac and completely uninstalled logmein. then I downloaded it again and reinstalled it. Then i made those system prefernece adjustments. I think the mac needs to be asked to allow for those permissions. I also use clean my to repair disk permissions.