Forum Discussion

HappyHippo
Contributor
8 months ago

Security Vulnerability within LMInfo.sys

Hi,

I have tried to log a support case but the page is constantly reloading therefore I need to post here.

Our endpoint security product has detected the lmiinfo.sys as being an potentially unsafe application. Having looked into this, we can see a PoC to exploit this vulnerability for privilege escalation to SYSTEM permissions. https://github.com/alfarom256/LogMeInPoCHandleDup 

We have checked and there's no update available for the LogMeIn clients. 

Could you please confirm when this will be patched and whether there's any action required on our side?

Files:

C:/Program Files (x86)/LogMeIn/x64/lmiinfo.sys  EAC1B9E1848DC455ED780292F20CD6A0C38A3406

C:/Windows/System32/drivers/LMIInfo.sys EAC1B9E1848DC455ED780292F20CD6A0C38A3406

C:/Windows/System32/drivers/LMIInfo.sys.000.bak EAC1B9E1848DC455ED780292F20CD6A0C38A3406

Thanks,

GlennD
      GoTo Manager

SOSCOMP I've looked through the last 2 weeks of support tickets for any other customers reporting the same ESET issue and the couple that I have found all reported the issue was resolved after installing the update. AT this stage I think the best thing is for you to call support from one of your computers and go though the update process with a representative so they can observe, capture what happens and any other relevant details.

SOSCOMP
        New Contributor

Ok thanks for the help and suggestion! It appears it is fixing some but not others at this point.

SOSCOMP
    New Contributor

Hi did your get a resolution to this? We have same issue -using ESET Endpoint

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

HappyHippo Good to see you and thanks for calling this out. 

Our team  is currently looking into this, we will post an update when we hear more. 

HappyHippo
      Contributor
      Hi Kate,

Do you have any update to share on this? We have also received the same for the rainfo.sys file from LogMeIn - I believe related to the same vulnerability.

C:/Program Files (x86)/LogMeIn/x64/rainfo.sys
      D0415ADE5501A645D8A43A0A90AB32A312BD4605

We kindly await for an update and hopefully a date for remediation.

Thanks
        KateG
        GoTo Moderator

Hi lmiuser12HappyHippo good to talk with you both. 

It’s currently being worked on still and we will begin releasing updates as they become ready. We have to test and make sure each component we update doesn’t introduce any new issues. 

I do understand this is of concern. I'll update as I learn further, please feel free to check in as well. Thanks! 

lmiuser12
      New Contributor

We having the same issue.  Is there any update on this?