cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoJoKopp
Active Contributor

11/30/22 Security Incident

How are people feeling about the Security Incident? Do you feel comfortable to be using LogMeIn? Have you turned off LogMeIn until you have more information?

29 REPLIES 29
timmo08
Active Contributor

Re: 11/30/22 Security Incident

Feels like there is a lack of information so far on how the software and storage may have been affected

JoJoKopp
Active Contributor

Agreed, but probably because they don't know enough. My problem is there is a lack of direction on what would be best for us users. I have removed all my computers from LogMeIn until I know more.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

We understand your concern, as our investigation is still ongoing we are limited on what details can be shared currently.

• As soon as we learned of the incident we engaged Mandiant, a leading security firm to help with the investigation.
  • We continue to deploy enhanced security measures and monitoring capabilities across our infrastructure to help detect and prevent threat actor activity.
  • At this time, we have no evidence that our services are unsafe to utilize and security measures remain in place. Additionally, as part of our efforts, we continue to deploy enhanced security measures and monitoring capabilities across our infrastructure to help detect and prevent threat actor activity.
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
JoJoKopp
Active Contributor

The problem is you admit to not knowing enough so I would be relying on a hunch that is was safe. There are no precautionary steps suggested either. Should all users change network passwords? If user's store credentials are those stored locally in their client or are they stored in your cloud? Should all users change LogMeIn passwords for precautionary reasons.

LogMeIn Control Panel keeps a network connection open to those cloud based servers that might be compromised, so that is a security issue at my end that until I know more information I don't agree that your service is fully functional.

timmo08
Active Contributor

Agreed and, as per my separate post, we are unsure whether cloud-based recordings may have been compromised, in which case we have to inform all the participants.

cvillard
Regular Visitor

We have locked down all of our accounts, which has caused a fair amount of issues within our workflow.

Is there any official response that GoToMyPC was NOT affected? Not a "we don't see anything as of yet".

JoJoKopp
Active Contributor

I haven't seen an official response that GoToMyPC or LogMeIn Central/Pro was not affected?

cvillard
Regular Visitor

Yeah same here. Knowing either way would be good.
cvillard1
Active Contributor

Still no news? Man, its been like 3 weeks and not a peep officially that services were NOT affected. We still have our services shut down because we cannot determine anything from the initial response. I have since talked with Customer Care its crazy to me that no update has been given to the terrible initial communication.