cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfoszcz
New Contributor

How do you allow a user to maintain other users in the same user group?

Is there a way to give a user permissions to manage and maintain other users in the same group? I gave the person the USER MANAGEMENT permission but the user doesn't see the USERS link after a successful loginto Central. I'd like this particular user to be able to disable users in the same group as hers when they have employment changes.

5 REPLIES 5
kevinadams
New Contributor

Re: User's Permissions to Delete a Computer

It doesn't seem you've answered the OP's question and I have the same question.

I need to delegate management of a computer group to regional technicians.  They need to be able to delete retired machines and rename existing machines.  The only way I seem to be able to let them do that is to check "Grant All Permissions" in their LMIC user.  This is gross over permission and runs afoul of all "Least privilege" and Zero-Trust initiatives.  How do I resolve this issue?

kevinadams
New Contributor

Re: How do you allow a user to maintain other users in the same user group?

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

@LMI Support?  Any response?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @kevinadams, welcome to the community.

After adding a user to your account you should be able to specify what permissions that user or user group has.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
kevinadams
New Contributor

This did not answer my question at all.  I really need to be able to granularly give permissions.  

- Grant a user the ability to add/delete/modify the users in their USER group.

- Grant a user the ability to add/delete/rename computers in Groups they have access to.

The only way to accomplish this appears to be via "Grant all access" but that grants too much permissions.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@kevinadams Currently permissions are not that granular, this is what we currently support: https://support.logmeininc.com/central/help/specifying-permissions-for-users-and-user-groups-in-your... 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training