cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thenden
New Contributor

How to re-download and reinstall the Logmein host after a computer crash?

I need to reinstall the Logmein Host on one of my computers that recently crashed and needed full reinstallation. However redownloading the host to my PC is not working out, when logging in, it want me to upgrade my subscription to add the computer to Logmein though I just want to reinstall same PC (Stick-PC in my account) and not actually add an extra PC. And yes, the crash took away the originial download file, that might have worked. Also, if I try to generate a new download link for my computer, it is refused because an upgrade of the subscription is needed.

I even deleted an old PC from my account, no longer used, but it didn't help. I was careful not to delete the actual PC from the account until I am sure it is necessary, still I have one less PC on my account so it should have worked.

My subscription plan is the one following the excpencive one time payed iOS Logme Ignition client app, not the PC plan btw if there is question about licencing. Meaning I remote control only from Ipad, not from PC.

Regards Thomas Henden.

5 REPLIES 5
ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor

Re: How to re-download and reinstall the Logmein host after a computer crash?

Hey @thenden ,

Have you followed the steps described in this support article? MacOS steps are described at the bottom of the page.
https://support.logmeininc.com/central/help/how-do-i-reinstall-logmein

thenden
New Contributor

I believe so. However I can neither add computer to my account (no subscription associated) or configure LogMeIn host to add computer, same problem. Seems like the system doesn’t consider that I am an iOS client app buyer and had license in principle permanently through buying the app and not for access (client) via PC. I just want my PC that crashed to work with LogMeIn just as before.

The PC is btw an Intel Compute stick that uses just a few watts, which I brought into use to save electricity as the prices in Europe is pretty extreme, these times.
ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor

Hey @thenden ,

We suspect that this is a licensing problem. I kindly ask you to reach out to our support team since they have the proper tools/rights to address this issue. 

https://support.logmeininc.com/central/help/how-do-i-contact-customer-support

thenden
New Contributor

Thanks, I have already sent a request there (Ticket number 17907200 ) and am waiting for an answer, still hoped that the community knew about an answer already because I am in the process of installing this PC, and reminder to everyone - BACK UP the registry before you try to "optimize" anything! 😉

I tried Team Viewer as an alternative by the way, and must remind that they have a nice policy of free use for private use, however it seems to be unstable on my PC, so LogMeIn is working far better, which also was my impression when I bought the Ignition app, originally. 

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor

Gotcha! I try to help you to get support the soonest possible. Sorry for the inconvenience!