cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LLE
New Contributor

I cannot access LogMeIn preferences on MacOS

Preferences under MacOS are grayed out. I uninstalled, manually removed preference files, and attempted to launch the GUI using sudo which does not work.

Does anyone know how to enable preferences on the Mac so I can add users to connect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LLE
New Contributor

Re: I cannot access LogMeIn preferences on MacOS

Thanks for the reply but that is not the issue. I was finally able to get help from support and resolve the problem.

This issue was caused by the fact that Admin privileges are not equivalent between a local account and a domain account. Even with Admin rights, a directory based account (LDAP, AD, etc.) dots not have permission to change some settings in LogMeIn. These can only be set by using a local account with admin rights. This is workable in the short term but having to do this for every machine is onerous.

@support: The developers need to fix this issue. I manage a lot of applications and this is the only one I’ve run into that has this problem. I don’t have time to change these settings for each person.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LLE
New Contributor

Re: I cannot access LogMeIn preferences on MacOS

Thanks for the reply but that is not the issue. I was finally able to get help from support and resolve the problem.

This issue was caused by the fact that Admin privileges are not equivalent between a local account and a domain account. Even with Admin rights, a directory based account (LDAP, AD, etc.) dots not have permission to change some settings in LogMeIn. These can only be set by using a local account with admin rights. This is workable in the short term but having to do this for every machine is onerous.

@support: The developers need to fix this issue. I manage a lot of applications and this is the only one I’ve run into that has this problem. I don’t have time to change these settings for each person.