cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crcurran
Active Contributor

Re: 'Kaspersky Software Updater' keeps installing, but I got rid of Kaspersky AV

My DDQ efforts for compliance just took a sucker punch to the gut because of your lack of transparency.

Cut ties with Kaspersky or I predict you will be taking an even bigger PR hit. Take that message to your Board of Directors not just the Product Team. 

If I don't see enough movement on correcting this, I will be trumpeting it from the mountaintops come next Winter. That disclosure of my intent is my transparency.

DNA3e8

Re: Did LogMeIn auto install Kaspersky Software Updater?

From the registry the new guid...

MsiExec.exe /X{EB3EB252-23C8-4E03-89DA-3D9BC479BB69} /qb

A_User_Of_LMIC

Re: 'Kaspersky Software Updater' keeps installing, but I got rid of Kaspersky AV

Agreed x 1000

"Application updater" is dangerously misleading.  Particularly in the context of the customers you are targeting.

We are not the people you want to be hiding things from.

"INSTALL KASPERSKY APPLICATION UPDATER AGENT" would be a meaningful radio button.  Clear intent, no surprises.

Giving us all heart attacks when the A/V starts sending alerts about silent background installs of Kaspersky that we didn't buy and didn't authorize...that is a strange choice for a company looking to build a loyal and long-term customer base among industry professionals.

Cut it out.

d9oo
Visitor

I just discovered that it is still happening. A brand new computer just rolled out a month ago that never had Kaspersky on it,  now does. The user would have not installed the Kaspersky Software updater - it could have only come from Logmein Central. This is very concerning.

JCAlexandres
New Contributor

Talking to LogMeIn tech support, the engineer said they are not installing the Kaspersky Updater, he sia dhe is 100% positive sure LogMeIn anti-virus doesn't use the Kaspersky Updater.

mparon
Active Contributor

I also spoke with a logmein tech about this. The kaspersky updater isn't part of an antivirus but is used for updating third party software. It's normal for all central installs if you want to be able to update non-microsoft software. It's a tool for updates.

Not sure why it was so difficult to get this answer from them.

Dan the LAN Man

LogMeIn Central is the common thread across multiple clients, Windows servers and personal computers suddenly listing Kaspersky Updater on their installed software list. 

I WOULD RATHER THIS DID NOT HAPPEN.   

Hopefully LogMeIn Support can convince me it is GOOD to have installed as well as advise me on how  remove it and how to stop it from being installed.  

PaulMcCormack
New Contributor

As I type, Russian troops are in Ukraine, shelling Kyiv.  Any update from Logmein?

Rishipreetam
Visitor

Any update regarding the application updates? still LogMeIn using Kaspersky?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Rishipreetam,

Please review this support article: Changes to Application Updates in LogMeIn Central 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training