cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HappyHippo
Active Contributor

Re: LogMeIn Client Bug After Forced Password Resets

We are having the same issue across some of our users. Ever since the new password implementation users are being logged out of the app and website every 10 minutes or so, sometimes even during a remote connection. We have tried reinstalls, clearing cache etc....

Can we please have a fix for this rather than having to call support?

Thank you

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@HappyHippo Can you please try the following: 

• Deleted all stored login credentials on the app
  • restart the computer
  • request the password reset 
  • try logging in again

If this doesn't do the trick, you should contact customer support directly. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
sphothisane
Active Contributor

Is it all possible to the team to implement a button on the admin console side to send this type of link to reset the password to who is ever having this issue? that way its not something everyone can do, unless you are the admin of the account? just a suggestion to possible pass along. more of my team at work are also having this issue now out of no where.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@sphothisane thanks for your input here, I'll pass this idea on to the team. For now, we recommend the troubleshoots in this thread, if that doesn't work, you should contact customer support directly. 

essemmbee
Active Contributor

I showed LMI tech support your post about the reset link and was very hopeful. She sent me a reset link but your solution did not work. 

sphothisane
Active Contributor

They might have sent you the wrong link. That happened to my coworker. the link they need to send is not the standard reset link, like if you went to LMI central. This link forces you to use a 12 character minimum, and forces you to use upper and lower case with numbers and symbols. contact them again and tell them the link they need to send is not the standard one. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@essemmbee I reviewed your case and asked for an agent to follow up. Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope this gets resolved for your soon. 

ATPolar
Active Contributor

Our users are also having this issue and it seems to be creating quite a bit of negative sentiment towards LMI. I tried contacting support and they had no knowledge of the issue and suggested uninstalling/reinstalling to fix. This didn't help. I don't want to have to talk support through resetting each one of our users passwords, there must be a better way to resolve this? Until then i'll be pushing for us to move to a competitor that doesn't force me to login every 15 mins

essemmbee
Active Contributor

@ATPolar 

If you are still having this issue, then please check out the solution at

https://community.logmein.com/t5/Pro-Discussions/LogMeIn-Client-not-keeping-me-logged-in/td-p/303282...

I wish you success!

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Closing this thread. While the forced password reset appears to have worked for some customers, we continue to investigate the issue where customers are being signed out on trusted devices. If you are having this issue please follow this post for updates: Logmein not saving logon information

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.