cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DawnAdmin
New Contributor

Multiple users cannot connect to their PCs - LMI Central

Within six weeks of working from home, twice I've had 25+ users that could not connect to their PCs in the morning. (A handful lost connection and couldn't reconnect later in the day - including me) This seems to happen to over half our users on one particular day. The error says to check network connection or host may be offline. 

What I know:

• Mix of Mac and Windows 7/10 clients (majority Win10)
  • Hosts are all Windows 10
  • Updates are not always pending for either Windows or LogMeIn (it's a 50/50 mix)
  • Rebooting client PC does not resolve issue
  • No internet issue (it happened to me - I can verify no internet issue on either host or client end, as I was able to access the host PC with ConnectWise)
  • All hosts set to never sleep or hibernate
  • I can connect to all PCs via ConnectWise
  • Only resolution I've found is to stop then restart LogMeIn via the host LMI control panel (or reboot the PC which does the same thing...)

Any ideas on why this is happening and how to prevent???

6 REPLIES 6
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Multiple users cannot connect to their PCs - LMI Central

Hi Dawn,

I apologize for the recent connection difficulty.

While we do experience service disruptions at times, they can be seen updated here for your team's reference: https://status.logmeinaccess.com/ 

The next time you experience a sudden drop in connection, please try this alternative if possible: 

1. Connect to the host computer's Main Menu without starting remote control.
  2. Once connected, look in the upper-left corner and click Show Detailed Mode.
  3. Click the monitor icon on the Remote Control button. Do not click the label that says Remote Control.
  4. Select Java.

If still failing, we'd like to create a case with your problem users through Customer Support: https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/help/how-do-i-contact-support

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
JohnGadget
New Contributor

I have a machine next to me on my bench, won't connect.  Worked fine yesterday but after a reboot this morning loading software it won't connect to logmein.  My laptop on same network, working just fine.

I have 2 other users that rebooted today and are having issues not being seen in Logmein as even online.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @JohnGadget ,

Are all the affected PCs on the same network currently? 

What happens if you reinstall the endpoint software there?

JohnGadget
New Contributor

One computer is next to me on my IT Bench and It was working fine yesterday.  I had just added a new Hard drive and reloaded the OS last week and it seemed to have an issue briefly Friday, then yesterday I checked and it showed in Logmein as on and accessible.  I'm currently running windows updates as I do on new "loads" anyway and didn't think anything of it.  

Then a remote user called and I was about to remote in when I noticed she wasn't being seen as online in my client screen nor online.  I had her restart, click on disable & re-enable.  Then I started trying things on the first laptop mentioned above and verified same thing was occuring.  

Not sure what is going on, but no changes were made on Group policy or firewalls nor the machines themselves, except the first machine, I'm loading software on a new employee coming.  Just will not connect to your servers and same version.  

As of this reply the one on my bench just all the sudden shows again and is connected to your servers....

DawnAdmin
New Contributor

I did check the disruption status on your website, but with half of our other users being able to access, I figured that wasn't the issue anyway.

Had it happen to one this morning, but in my rush to get her connected forgot to try this. Will make sure to give it a shot next time.

Quick question before I need to use your directions: I see that Java is underlined where you said to select it, but is something supposed to happen when I click on it? (Using Firefox as my browser)

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@DawnAdmin For now Java updates are still required for LMI services, though I believe we are moving way from this in the near future.