cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KimK1
New Contributor

Re: Screen Blanking not working with Windows 10 2004

My dual monitors work if we turn off the monitors though.
jpedersonVAC
Active Contributor

Is there any update on this issue?  I have a few computers now where screen blanking is enable, but not actually blanking the screens.  We also have the issue where you can't have a "Headless" system meening the workaround of turning the monitors off, doesn't work for us because LMI doesn't work on some of our hardware when it is "Headless".  This is becoming very frustrating!

JCSS
Active Contributor

Still no response @AshC can you give us an update this has been going on months?

Thanks

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@JCSS  The latest Windows updates from Microsoft have blocked the ability for LogMeIn to blank the screen, based on some security issues they viewed as vulnerable.  While you can still roll back this update (#2004) to resolve the issue, we are currently working on a new way to blank Windows machines with this OS version moving forward.  I'm sorry I don't have a current ETA to share, and will update as soon as I hear more.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
JCSS
Active Contributor

@AshC Thanks for the update.

RonanMac
Active Contributor

@AshC This is quite poor considering the size of LogMeIn. The hassle it would cause to roll back a windows feature update and no ETA - Really?? If this is not resolved by the time subscription renewal comes around my company will be looking for an alternative provider. 

seadmin
New Contributor

@AshC Is there any update you can share on the resolution of this issue? Even a tentative/target resolution date would be helpful. Thanks.

campbelclan
Visitor

I'm also having this issue, I work in healthcare so this isn't really acceptable.
@JCSS
Thanks,
Chris
RonanMac
Active Contributor

Hi @AshC , it is coming up on 4 weeks since you last updated on this thread about the issue first reported in June. Is there going to be a fix? If yes then will it be? Whether you answer today and how you answer will be pivotal in whether I ask our IT company to arrange RDP/VPN set up instead or not and look for a refund for our LogMeIn subscriptions. It is totally unacceptable that this issue is being allowed to drag on without providing your customers with some meaningful update as to when or if you can restore the screen blanking feature. It is difficult enough trying to organise staff working from home, social distancing in the office etc. etc. without another added headache like this.

Regards,

Ronan

JCSS
Active Contributor

HI @AshC I have to agree with @RonanMac this has now been going on way to long and a roll back of windows just isn't an option.

I currently have a 2 year contract with Logmein and really need to know what is happening.

Thanks

J