cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason26
Active Contributor

Re: Using LMI Central to Apply Windows 10 Updates Fails

Here is my daily update of the ongoing LMI Windows update issue.  Checked back in today and now it is showing 3 updates total with 2 still no details on, but I do have 1 showing up that I am able to do something with.

Jason26_0-1617808376266.png

Went to the console of the computer and it shows the following.  Well I guess it is getting closer to reporting correctly. As you see one of the updates is Servicing Stack update in February and LMI console should know about this update and be able to get the details about it.

Jason26_1-1617808441162.png

LMI are you looking into this issue???

Jason26
Active Contributor

Slowly trying to work itself out.  Still should be much quicker in getting the information of what updates.  Does not really make this scalable. 

Jason26_0-1617892697720.png

telenberger
Active Contributor

And right now I have the opposite, LMI says there is an update but when I go to the computer and run Windows update, it says there are no updates.

Jason26
Active Contributor

Yeah we are seeing that as well on some other test workstations.  I am only noting the one with screenshots to try and be consistent with the troubleshooting, but yes we are seeing the same thing.  All different variations of issues on workstations, Servers doesn't matter.

oscarwingartz
New Contributor

nah i've just got to the point that i dont care telling logme in of this kind of issues, it seems they never listen or care, remember the time when the antivirus section was empty?? i got the we are looking into it for about 3 months, now with this windows updates meh i just check every tuesday for updates take a screenshot and send it to all my user letting them know there are updates to be installed

Jason26
Active Contributor

Yeah I need to be able to do this on a larger scale.  I have 11000 computers that I need to try an manage, so they need to come up with a fix.

telenberger
Active Contributor

Exactly. This is one of their main selling points so yes, they need to get their heads out of their collective asses and fix this.

Jason26
Active Contributor

So came back over the weekend to check the test machine that I am using in screenshots and now shows only 2 updates not 3 like it did last week.  LMI are you listening?? This is broke.

Jason26_0-1618256136078.png

Jason26
Active Contributor

Checked back in over the weekend and now reporting this from the console:

Jason26_1-1618849594549.png

and yet again still not reporting correctly in LMI:

Jason26_2-1618849635895.png

etadena
New Contributor

Could it be your version of logmein central installed in your host machines? I've reach out to them about getting the LMC software updated in a batch but I have not been able to get a clear answer.