cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
telenberger
Active Contributor

Re: Using LMI Central to Apply Windows 10 Updates Fails

No, this is the latest version, its been an issue for a VERY long time across multiple versions. They just don't accept that there is an issue and push it back onto us. LMI isn't the same supportive company they used to be.

Jason26
Active Contributor

Yeah like telenberger said, I have this issue across multiple technicians and all our stuff is up to date.  Still showing incorrect on my test case that I have been documenting on here.  I wish LMI would listen and try to figure it out or at least respond.

telenberger
Active Contributor

Over a year later and we are still having this issue Ash. I just hung up with support and they are talking to me like this is a new, never before heard of issue, how can that be when its never been resolved?

Jason26
Active Contributor

LMI ARE YOU listening at all? Several functions have just been left languishing or just not fully developed in Central in my opinion.  Windows updates being one that has just lingered for a very long time.  Report functionality is not very useful especially when trying to run an inventory report that you can't just select a client to run a report on.  So when I try run a report it is doing the report for 12k devices which takes the report super long to run, but I digress.  LMI please fix this issue.

NotAHugeFan
Active Contributor

This is still an issue for me also, very frustrating.  Has anyone seen / heard / solved?  Thanks all!

telenberger
Active Contributor

I had an absolutely horrible call from their "support" yesterday.

Worst call ever.

I needed to remote into all my computers that won't update and provide logs for all, then I needed to verify my configuration of LMI to ensure the computers were pulling correctly and send that to LMI, then it would take a few days to get an answer from LMI as to why this isn't working. 

Sorry, I don't have time for all that **bleep**. 

Problem is not 2 months ago they told me that updates only become available to apply to computers when at least 100 computers in my company report the same update, then and only then can I apply, only problem is, I don't have 100 computers in my company, so how does that **bleep** work?

Support reads from a script, has no knowledge of the platform or its history. I started using LMI back with XP and never had an issue with updates, then when 7 rolled out there were a few hiccups, but support was helpful, knew the product and got back to you in a timely manner, even if it was a bigger issue that took some time, you still had regular communication with a knowledgeable person.

Now 10 rolls out and every version of 10 breaks LMI's ability to update computers like the program has been able to do in the past. Now its jump through this hoop, that hoop, bend over backwards and even after you do everything they ask, they come up with a new reason it doesn't work and start the process all over again.

LMI get your head out of your arse and either fix this or remove it from the program. You're not helping anyone anymore.

Jason26
Active Contributor

Still an issue with me as well and we have almost 12k computers.  I agree they need to just remove the function if it will not work correctly.    There has been no product development or movement on anything in LMI central for quite some time.  It is very disappointing.  

telenberger
Active Contributor

You are correct, no product development since they were bought out or merged or what the hell ever, with GoTo, which by the way, also has horrible support.

NotAHugeFan
Active Contributor

I just cant bear to move on. They have so many good things going, why cant they just patch this up?!?
Jason26
Active Contributor

You would think that they would want to fix this. Don't even get me started on the LMIAV rollout and the lack of functionality on setting policies.  You can't even do wildcard exclusions or network path or many other basic AV exclusions that most vendors are able to do.  Very limited in functionality, but I digress.