cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Corsairoz
New Contributor

How to disable attendees webcams as admin in new app?

Using the old app (PC) we could disable webcams of those attendees that joined with their webcams enabled.

This function seems to be completely absent from the new app interface. 

As a camera club whose members are not always computer literate, we often need this function to both mute joining viewers and disable their webcam remotely.

As admin the old interface was great, simply use the dropdown on members names and 'stop webcam'. 

It is possible in the new app? Am I missing something?

(Is it easy to switch back to the old app?)

Thanks for answers.

Trevor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: How to disable attendees webcams as admin in new app?

@Corsairoz I see, thanks for sharing this feedback, I'll be sure to pass it on to the team. You could recommend keeping camera view to 'who's talking' to your attendees. You can also switch back to the old experience using these instructions

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Corsairoz welcome to the GoTo Community! You can still disable attendees cameras by clicking on the people icon, then the three dots on the right, then manage attendee permissions. You will see a list of permissions, note that this controls all attendee status and will be enable for future meetings unless changed. 

KateG_0-1671574977091.png

Corsairoz
New Contributor

Yes, I found that. Unfortunately we often have the situation where the lecturer is presenting and also showing their webcam, so we can see and interact with them. If any other members accidentally enables their webcam, which they sometimes do, we cannot individually stop their webcam sharing.

With the old app disabling an individuals webcam was a feature and easy to do. It seems to have disappeared completely from the new app functionality.

I know this is a feature irrelevent to many, but to us, it proves to be important.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Corsairoz I see, thanks for sharing this feedback, I'll be sure to pass it on to the team. You could recommend keeping camera view to 'who's talking' to your attendees. You can also switch back to the old experience using these instructions