cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbass
New Contributor

Is the Rectangle feature still available?

I can't see the Labs option any longer, despite using ctrl+shift+L to add the option back.  Is there another way to get access to the Rectangle feature, or is there another way to share virtual zones/displays as if they were a separate physical display?  I need to share multiple applications, but have an ultrawide monitor, so sharing the entire screen isn't going to work.  I would love to either share the virtual zones I created with Microsoft's PowerToys FancyZones or else have some other way to share just a portion of my screen and ALL applications that are on that portion. 

6 REPLIES 6
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Is the Rectangle feature still available?

@kbass  I'm sorry the Labs functions were phased out in the new GoTo app, though you can still share individual windows on your desktop instead of the whole screen. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Stevemorin
Active Contributor

Very sorry to see the rectangle sharing feature deperecated.

Sharing an area of the screen on a large monitor was an excellent feature and allowed me to drag apps in and out of attendees's view without changing apps and resizing issues.   

Over all not impressed with the changes made so far.   

Starting to remind me of the horrible upgrade made from version 4 to version 5 of goto assist remote.   Not good and we are still wrestling with issues on that one.   Reluctant to look at GoTo Resolve based on these experiences. 

Stevemorin
Active Contributor

>>individual windows on your desktop instead of the whole screen.

Maybe i'm missing something.   Are you referring to sharing an APP?   I don't see any way to share a "window". 

I tried to use changing apps.   It is way more awkward than grabbing a window and dragging it to the rectangle.   Plus it can force the end user to dink around with his monitor more to get a size of window that he can see.     This is very disruptive.

>>have an ultrawide monitor, so sharing the entire screen isn't going to work. 

Back before the rectangle i would resize a screen to something like 1920 X 1080 so that my user could see it if he had a lower resolution monitor.    Then i would do the demo on that screen.   This is still an option but also awkward.  

Stevemorin
Active Contributor

I'm  pretty disappointed that the "rectangle" share was deprecated.  

I used go to meeting for a demonstration today and it was very awkward to have to change the application i was sharing to show different screens and with the resolution of my monitor sharing the whole screen to folks with lower resolution monitors is not practical.   

Fortunately, i think I've found a solution.     I downloaded and tested "region to share" from the Micosoft store and so far it seems to be working although i have not down an actual demo with it, only a test meeting on my machine.

I can't understand why someone at GoToMeeting didn't suggest this or something similar.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Stevemorin,

The ability to share a rectangle is on our list of features to be added to the new GoTo App experience, however, as it was a Labs feature in GoToMeeting Classic and not a widely used feature by the majority of customers, it has a lower priority than other features we are in the process of adding. 

Thank you for suggesting "region to share" as a possible solution, it looks very promising.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Stevemorin
Active Contributor

Glad it's coming back. 

>>not a widely used feature by the majority of customers

You kept it a secret.  I'm not sure how i found it but it was only in the lab.     Everyone i told about it loved it and used it.