cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandraLB
New Contributor

Loss of the Copy Invitation

The older GoToMeeting had a feature to "Copy Invitation" when in an existing meeting.   It was below the Copy Link when in an existing meeting and want to invite someone.    Now I only have the Copy Link and Email Invite.    I use (at least used to) the Copy Invitation so I can paste in an existing email from a client and reply with the full invitation.   The issue is so many of my clients remote into a machine that they can't use the Computer's Audio and have to call in.   Love having the call in number within the email I sent with the link....aka Copy Invitation.    

The work around to email invite won't work because don't have Outlook on the machine I use GoToMeeting on for the open meeting.    I continuously rejected updates and went back to older versions of GoToMeeting because of the lack of the Copy Invitation feature.    An update happened, lost the feature and was told no way to go back to the version before the update.    totally bummed!!!    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Loss of the Copy Invitation

Hi @sandraLB, welcome to the community.

You can still copy your full meeting details in the new GoTo App if you click on Meetings in the side menu, you can see all of your upcoming meetings, click on the one you want, and then copy the complete meeting details without needing to start the meeting. You can also copy your meeting details by signing into your account on the website.

GlennD_2-1655838917545.png

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @sandraLB 

Thanks for bringing this up. 

While the copy invitation button is already there (2 squares), next to the invitation text on the meeting details page, we will work to improve the visibility of the feature in the new GoTo app. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
sandraLB
New Contributor

OMGosh….that would be fabulous!!!   

I want to make sure that I’m clear that this is on an existing meeting….including I did a Meet Now and and/or have a meeting open.    I want to copy the invitation of this existing meeting I’m in.

Now I am still using an older version of GoToMeeting…I’m in a Meet Now meeting, the invite options have no “two squares” that you are referring to.   Do I need to download/upgrade to new GoTo if the options are there for the Meet now or when I’m in an existing meeting??

THANK YOU!!!

sandraLB_0-1655834780737.png

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @sandraLB, welcome to the community.

You can still copy your full meeting details in the new GoTo App if you click on Meetings in the side menu, you can see all of your upcoming meetings, click on the one you want, and then copy the complete meeting details without needing to start the meeting. You can also copy your meeting details by signing into your account on the website.

GlennD_2-1655838917545.png

sandraLB
New Contributor

thank you.   The issue is this is not an upcoming meeting.   It is for a meeting I have already started including a Meet Now (impromptu meeting).     

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you. Currently, the new GoTo App does not have a 1 click Meet Now option, however, it will be added in a future update. For now, if you are using the new GoTo App you would click on the + (Create Meeting) button, enter a meeting title and click Save to create a 1-time meeting to use.  After you click Save you will be able to copy the full meeting details (including dial-in numbers) to share.

Note: If you have started the meeting the scheduling window below will still be open in the background on your computer so you can copy the full details of the meeting still and share them.

GlennD_0-1655914852532.png

sandraLB
New Contributor

Thank you Glenn!   I use the Meet Now throughout the day.    I get support calls and want to create new "Meet Now" and then reply to the user on their email with the full details (copy invitation).     I have done a general scheduled meeting and sent the link and then sent to another person and the original person jumps back on the call.   So when go between meetings, I use a new Meet Now.   Anxious to have these features Meet Now and Copy Invitation available in your product.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@sandraLB I just wanted to let you know that we are working on the Meet Now functionality for the new GoTo Metting App. I'll post an update when it is released.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @sandraLB,

We have released a couple of updates to the GoTo App that should interest you:

• Instant meetings
  • Add to Calendar  

You can read about them here.